coda

15 minutes ago, OutByEaster? said:

There's a chance you know that if Chelsea have got this right, with the right bit of managerial organisation they could come out of it with  fantastic football team.

They're signing some amazing young talent - if it fits together they could suddenly become very competitive.

I'm not sure this is as crazy as it looks.

Wasn't this supposed to happen last season? 🤣

4 minutes ago, jacketspuds said:

Liverpool should just pay the £50m for Lavia and then have the other £60m to strengthen the defence.

If Chelsea end up with Lavia, Caicedo and Adams that'll be a massive joke.

Surely it's Caicedo or Lavia.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, mikeyp102 said:

I agree, could actually see them getting top 4 if it clicks. 
The team has goals in it (although Nkunku is a big loss), Poch likes working with younger players and they don’t have the distraction/extra games of Europe .

I dont see it still, Keepers are poor, Defence has huge holes in it, Chukwuemeka will probably be a starting midfielder and have no striker or goal threat

On the current squad I be shocked if finish top 10. They scored 38 league goals last season and 21 of them goals have left and only signed Nkunku who is now injured

17 hours ago, OutByEaster? said:

There's a chance you know that if Chelsea have got this right, with the right bit of managerial organisation they could come out of it with  fantastic football team.

They're signing some amazing young talent - if it fits together they could suddenly become very competitive.

I mean after spending the amount of money they have, what is it now 700-800 million that having a chance of getting it right is not a good starting point. 

It's interesting what they're doing. They've effectively moved on any older players and are instead building a squad full of young players with potential, and Pochettino seems like a decent fit for that approach. However I'm not entirely sure why they've done it when they were already top 4 regulars and recent champions league winners. It seems like a gamble they didn't need to take. It could well pay off but at the moment it seems like 2 steps backwards.

Edited by villan95

18 hours ago, OutByEaster? said:

For the amount they have spent the absolute minimum they should be aiming for is 4th.

If emery had the spending power chelsea have im convinced we would be challenging city for the title

18 hours ago, OutByEaster? said:

For the amount they have spent the absolute minimum they should be aiming for is 4th.

If emery had the spending power chelsea have im convinced we would be challenging city for the title

1 minute ago, PaulC said:

How do they get away with FFP.  They are the worst of the lot. 

They sell players for big fees and some are absolute garbage yet they get good fees for then. They also have only been out CL for one season so not a big impact on revenue 

If they flop out the CL for 4-5 seasons thats when they cant spend like they have.

9 minutes ago, PaulC said:

One way to look at it is that with their revenue they can spend £200m more than Villa every transfer window and still be fine.

17 minutes ago, PaulC said:

by the look of it Boehly cant be taking any money out for himself or investing elsewhere, their revenue is still huge, all its showing is the difference between the haves and the have nots given all their various sponsorship deals, liverpool the same 

2 hours ago, Demitri_C said:

Chelsea have paid 223m to brighton in transfers in one year.

Unbelievable 

Indeed, and quite a few of them will be misses rather than hits. 

Not because they are bad players, but because Brighton scout specifically for players whose attributed fit their system.

1 minute ago, VillaChris said:

I thought this endless contract thing was banned, Caciedo is signing 8 year deal with 12 month option on top!

I think you can give the player a long contract but can only amortise (spread the financial cost) over 4/5 years on the books.

• Sad 1

Â