coda

55 minutes ago, TreeVillan said:

Because he was also doing a terrible job.

He wasnt doing a terrible job

He finished 3rd last season and was sacked after taking ten points from 6 games this season

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Demitri_C said:

Plan/selection/tactics worked so well for them last night didnt it?

Maybe not but players like Mudryk, Mount and Sterling weren't going to change the game and deserved to be dropped

Picking players on reputation is already an issue at Chelsea

Edited by Zatman

15 minutes ago, Zatman said:

Maybe not but players like Mudryk, Mount and Sterling weren't going to change the game and deserved to be dropped

Mudryk although he has no end product is a fast tricky player can cause problems

Mount is bettee than Gallagher id rathee him in my side ahead of him or kovacic

51 minutes ago, Zatman said:

The problem with that was their best 2 chances at 0-0 fell to Cucurella and Kante.

Its scary that for the money invested there isn’t 1 quality striking option.

My lad (12) keeps saying instead of buying half a dozen crap players for £600m they could have spent half getting Haaland or Mbappe in… it’s hard to argue with that logic.

Edited by Genie
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Genie said:

The problem with that was their best 2 chances at 0-0 fell to Cucurella and Kante.

My lad (12) keeps saying instead of buying half a dozen crap players for £600m they could have spent half getting Haaland or Mbappe in… it’s hard to argue with that logic.

Exactly i rwckon mount woild have scored that and so probably would have sterling.

Cucrella is shit i would t even want him at villa.

It seems crazy to me that they didnt recall lukaku. Not best striker but better than all thwir atrijibg options 

On havertz man he would fut perfectly in our team. The exact type of player we need to help ollie

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

17 minutes ago, Demitri_C said:

Exactly i rwckon mount woild have scored that and so probably would have sterling.

Cucrella is shit i would t even want him at villa.

It seems crazy to me that they didnt recall lukaku. Not best striker but better than all thwir atrijibg options 

On havertz man he would fut perfectly in our team. The exact type of player we need to help ollie

If Ollie get's any more help, and gets any better, he'll be like Thanos with all the rings. 

Make it happen.

1 hour ago, jacketspuds said:

That’s because he’s not playing in the Bailey role under Emery.

Maybe. Certainly he had end product in Portugal and Spain. But maybe he's just not the type to thrive in English football. 

• Like 1

Kante looked exceptional.  But he was pretty much the only one.  Reece James was OK but clearly playing with an injury or conserving energy for something.

The rest looked clueless. No shape, no plan, no real commitment.  Enzo looked terrible, a shadow of the player from the start of the season. Mudryk... I've no idea what he can do, but he looks like he's won a competition.

Without Abramovich's dodgy billions they would still be a mid table club, with one league title in the 1950's. The ill gotten funds that they used to establish themselves is only marginally less offensive than that being used by City and Newcastle. And it will be great to see them fall from grace and being limited by the crazy contracts they've dished out to seemingly average players.

Spurs could well go the same way for a couple of years too.

The window is there for us to become a regular top 6 team. We must take it. 

Edited by MrBlack
  • Like 2

Mudryk does look like a pub player atm. I'm sure there's a player in there somewhere but I've seen nothing of him so far to suggest he should be valued at £90m or whatever it was they paid for him. 

Wouldn't mind Felix though, I think he's looked very good in a truly horrific team. With a proper system behind him he could be great. Can't see us being able to attract him tho. 

14 minutes ago, PieFacE said:

Mudryk does look like a pub player atm. I'm sure there's a player in there somewhere but I've seen nothing of him so far to suggest he should be valued at £90m or whatever it was they paid for him. 

Wouldn't mind Felix though, I think he's looked very good in a truly horrific team. With a proper system behind him he could be great. Can't see us being able to attract him tho. 

Felix has been amazing at Benfica and went to the wrong team (atletico) because he was still very young and wanted to stay close to his family in Portugal. He is a top class (a little lightweight) forward player. 

Mudryk might be the most baffling transfer ever. He never did anything worthy of note. 100m and a 64 year contract. Boehly is that guy who buys the new IPhone 14 ultra from CarphoneWarehouse for £72 a month on a 36 month contract. Madness. 

• Haha 2

Without Tuchel's decent points return at the start of the season, they really would be bang in trouble. I don't understand how you can spend all that money and not have a single decent centre forward at the club. 

2 hours ago, Genie said:

What's scary is they've spent £600 million and their first team is WORSE than last season.

• Like 1

Â