McLeish: Should he stay or go? (please read opening post)

TrentVilla

Do you think the club should keep faith with Alex McLeish?  

298 members have voted

1. 1. Do you think the club should keep faith with Alex McLeish?

• Yes
    • No

Disappointed with his appointment due to his lack of creative football but willing to give him a go as we have a better set of attacking players than sha.

Unfortunately, AMc has continued to stick with his tried and tested negative style, which has had an affect on the fans (Villa Park rarely 'rocks' now) and the players just don't seem to know what to do on the pitch.

AMc is not an inspirational figure and his 'passionate' claims and promises now appear laughable and hollow. His recent moan about injuries and bad luck just smack of desperation.

He was never going to get an easy ride but he hasn't helped himself. We continue to leak poor goals (players to blame here too) and nothing's been done to rectify it, other than play Heskey at RM!

I voted No. I have no confidence in the man to do the job, I believe he has good intentions, but not the know how of how to implement them. His previous record and style in this league are not good enough, one 9th placed position in three seasons is nothing to write home about.

I also think that Randy needs to remove Faulkner, take a back seat himself, and appoint an experienced and dynamic CEO who has the know how and vision to make us competitive again.

Stay. I believe he's been given the target by Randy to dramtically cut the wage bill and remain in the PL. He is meeting that target. No matter how much we fans don't like it and winge, you can't sack someone for doing what's been asked of him.

Additionally, need to be careful what we wish for, anyone want Steve Bruce or Mad Mick instead?

Even though I probably don't think he's half as bad as most on here think, I voted no. He's not a manager to take us forward and a manager who's got around 80% of the clubs fans turned against him from the start is never good. However, I don't want him sacked now. I think he can keep us up. But I think Lerner should look around to see who might come available.

I'm not sure what to vote. I don't want this guy at the club, but I think sacking him now would be a terrible idea. I also dread to think who his replacement would be.

This.

Therefore I refuse to vote

:evil: :P

I'd love us to have a manager that got us playing attacking football like Swansea, but I just can't see us taking a chance on an inexperienced manager (or that manager been given a chance by the fans, when he gets more than one loss in a row).

No. I can see what they were trying to do, and I was willing to give him a chance. But it's failed miserably, and I can't see it getting any better.

The only problem is who to replace him with - I don't want one of "the usual suspects". If Chelsea sack Villas-Boas - and he would consider it - he would be my first choice. But money would have to be provided.

No.

My biggest fear is not that he takes us down. It's that he keeps his job for years and we have to put up with this horrible brand of "football". I have been to Villa Park once this season and it was a miserable experience. I will not stump up the money for tickets again until Villa start playing to win matches. And I can't see that happening until a new man is in charge.