McLeish: Should he stay or go? (please read opening post)

TrentVilla

Do you think the club should keep faith with Alex McLeish?  

298 members have voted

1. 1. Do you think the club should keep faith with Alex McLeish?

• Yes
    • No

I was willing to give him time until he explained his game plan after the Man City game. I the past we've had managers (JG and MON) that were arrogant, bizarre, stubborn and often tactically naive but, in their pomp, had the ability to make the players feel 10 ft tall and ready to take on any team.

After the City game I can see that AMc is all of the above except he'll make the players think that they are 3ft tall and should be scared of the bigger boys.

A no from me.

No. I'm all for giving a guy a chance but 8 wins in 28 is simply not good enough. For those saying 'but who would we get?' - I don't think we could do much worse right now, really. Saying that, I do think at least one other face would have to leave at the same time, which probably isn't going to happen, unfortunately.

I voted YES, but only on the condition he can keep us up. I'd like to see what he can do with a full pre-season with his own squad (instead of the donkeys he inherited) and backed financially by Randy. Then give him til Christmas to find success.

However, if it looks like will will definitely go down this season, or indeed do go down, he should be out on his arse.

Voted NO.

GO now and never come back!

Im amazed people are not burning effegies of him outside the stadium yet.

Get your torches and pitchforks and drive him out of town. If that doesn't work, get the Exorcist

No from me

Said it was doomed from the start in a Megson at Bolton / Woy at Liverpool type way.. If the fans don't want you you're fu@&ed and even if you get 9 things right the second you do 1 thing wrong you are back in trouble

Of course it's not helped that McLeish hasn't got 9 things right yet either

i viewed appointment of AM with a open book when he took over,we are 2/3 into the season now,i have seen every home game & the players have not covered them selves in glory,is it all down to AM? im not so sure,we all know RL is running the contracts down of the "earners", certain players are raping our club of £ & giving little in return..is it AM fault?...no..on the whole aston villa feels dead these days from the very top to the bottom,were dancing with the dead men in the bottom, IMHO it will take more than a new manager to turn AVFC around, AM is yes in the spot light & rightfully so,but AM is just "another"branch in the aston villa tree,the problem in the villa tree is the "root" .

never wanted AM at Villa in the first place, could only see the current situation happening based on his history in English football, so far proven right but at the same time as wishing him gone I do feel that he is not the only issue. Randy and Faulkner have now proved themselves so inept at running a football club that it is either time all three left or at least AM and PF leave and Randy somehow manages to appoint a CEO who actually knows football (not that I have much faith in Randy's decision making anymore).