McLeish: Should he stay or go? (please read opening post)

TrentVilla

Do you think the club should keep faith with Alex McLeish?  

298 members have voted

1. 1. Do you think the club should keep faith with Alex McLeish?

• Yes
    • No

There seems to be a desire for a poll on McLeish so by popular demand here it is.

Please can we keep this as a poll and not a wider discussion about the manager as we've already a thread for that so please don't enter into debate on this in this here.

Just cast your vote and post a brief reason why you've voted the way you have.

Thank you TrentVilla.

I apologise for believing that the original request made by DodgyKnees had been locked just because it could be.

I voted No and my reasons are simply because I think he is a poor manager at PL level.

I said no. I've never thought he was a good manager even before he came here. The players don't seem to buy into his vision and even though defending against Man City for long periods was inevitable and the team held up pretty well, it wasn't the right way to go about it in my opinion. I also have no faith in his abilities in the transfer market. Even though the managerial pool isn't exactly brimming with people I'd be excited to see here (I think Rafa would be the only one who might come here that I would be happy to see somewhat), I think just by getting rid of him and getting someone else in would have a positive effect on the club right now.

10,000 fans don't stop coming to Villa Park for no reason. Fans are not considering renewing due to the current financial climate.

McLeish was the wrong choice from the start. We have 4 big MUST WIN games coming up. But, if he loses or draws at 2 of these. He has to go. But saying that, he needs to go now if I'm honest. Things have not been this bad in a long time. Worst home record since '87 under Taylor! Need I say more?

• Like 2

McLeish OUT.

I can't emphasise enough how disappointed I was when he joined and he has done nothing to prove me wrong. If anything he is worse than I could have possibly imagined. If we don't even try and compete we will go the way of Sheffield Wednesday.

Nothing good can come from keeping him here. He has to go as soon as possible.

Rock

Hard Place

Faulkner & McLeish should have the courage to accept they have failed miserably. They have squandered everything and should leave without any compensation. Lerner has spoken of not being the owner, but being the custodian. He’s not doing a good job is he at the moment...

No he needs to go. It also needs the organ grinder to do one as well as just getting rid of the manager will not be enough. I honestly thought having got rid of the mistake that was Houllier that Randy couldn't **** up again. How wrong I was.