McLeish: Should he stay or go? (please read opening post)

TrentVilla

Do you think the club should keep faith with Alex McLeish?  

298 members have voted

1. 1. Do you think the club should keep faith with Alex McLeish?

• Yes
    • No

Made some good arguments there tbh, but here is a question.. What happens if he loses the dressing room? ( assuming he already hasn't lost it).. thats a hard thing to win back.. when you lose confidence in your manager, how are you suppose to go out there and play with confidence, when the manager who picks the tactics has set out for a 0-0 ..and defend so deep that there is no chance of getting past the half way line.. Apart from when you go 1 nile down and Finally start attacking but realize, you started to late for example man city.. We started attacking in like the last 10 mins.. What is the point? every time we got the ball clear it just cam straight back at our defense..

I thought personally he got McLeish in to Sort out the defense and Steady the team. Well so far it has not worked.. our defense is no better than last season..

No and he should definitely be sacked if he fails to reach the target set out by the CEO earlier in the year.

Paul Faulkner

I think Europe sits there as a goal and this year that would be our goal – that’s what we want to try to achieve. It’s not easy because there’s other clubs trying to do the same, but we want to do that. I believe it’s do-able this year.

We’ve got lots of ambition. The Premier League is a very, very tough league, but Villa is a great club and we should be up there challenging at the top of the league and we should be there pushing for Europe.

I really do think, if we can put a good run together, we’ve got a good squad. I think this year is one where we want to be there pushing to qualify for Europe.

Exactly where that means we’re not really clear yet, but I think that’s got to be the goal and it should always be the goal for a club like Villa.

Has Faulkner got the balls to take action if the targets HE set aren't met!

5 managers in 4 years does not a successful club make.

Yes the football has been mostly shit.

Yes the results are crap.

But he's not had enough opportunity to sort the situation out yet. If we are still shit at Christmas (and in the Premier League) then that is the time to make the decision to get rid.

I believe we should stay with him.

While not ideal he has shown development this year and improved as a manager, in recent weeks his discussions with KMac have increased and his touchline interaction has improved.

He has also improved on his rotation technique with a team that isn't his.

Tactically at times he makes me raise an eyebrow but he is at a club that expects so much and has a lot to still do; he needs a real transfer window and his authority should be respected until he proves otherwise.

Unless of course Jose is begging for the job?!

I voted no. I see myself as a positive fan and I'm usually pretty optimistic but that has been fading with each passing week lately. I was vey disheartened after the City game on Sunday when he came out after the game and said we were unlucky not to get anything and that our game plan worked well. Playing for a goalless draw at home no matter who the opposition is is unforgiveable in my view. The minimum we should expect as fans is that the team go out and fight for the win and if they fail to achieve that goal at least they gave it their all.

I've voted yes, but only because there aren't many good managers out of a job at the moment. Whilst it doesn't feel like it, we're mathematically pretty sound in terms of avoiding a real relegation battle, so we can limp on to the end of the season, the board can assess the situation at the end of the campiagn and we can go from there. That's how I see it, anyway.

Honestly his record speaks for itself. How can anyone back him at this point? He has a team that can definitely be top 10 and yet we are flirting around the relegation spots. If it weren't for a couple of teams just being awful this year, we'd be in serious trouble. He had a preseason unlike Houllier. That is why I voted no. I'd like to hear an explanation on why someone voted to keep him aside from they don't trust Lerner's appointment because surely anyone would be better at this point.

I voted yes for the reason is he has not been given a chance. Ever since he got here many fans have been waiting for him to fail. 1st 7 games we went unbeaten and still people were trying to find negatives and waiting for tha t1st defeat.

People can say what they want but if he didnt come from them he would get a lot smoother ride

He's gotta go...and quick.

We could give him a chance, but, from the way most fans see it(not just ours) we are rapidly declining and in real threat of relegation.

Do the club really want to wait that long?

The next few games could define how we move forward as a club. I for one don't have faith that McLeish can pull us out of this mess.