McLeish: Should he stay or go? (please read opening post)

TrentVilla

Do you think the club should keep faith with Alex McLeish?  

298 members have voted

1. 1. Do you think the club should keep faith with Alex McLeish?

• Yes
    • No

In the first 7 games we got 2 wins off two teams in the relegation zone. 7 games unbeaten against mediocre teams excluding newcastle doesn't mean anything. All those teams are in the bottom half of the table. Those are the games we should have been winning.

Voted yes. Certainly he needs to be given more time to sort things out. I blame the players more than him..he needs to ship out the dead wood. I don't think for one minute that the guy is stupid. He knows who they are ( as well as we do ) and will offload them as soon as he can.

Dont care he is from Blues.

Dont care about his player preferences or substitutions - fans always think they know best.

Dont really even care about the results or League position - which are crap.

But I loathe his obsession of caring far far more about stopping what our opponents might do than about gettting us playing fotball and believing we can beat anyone.

I have never hated watching the Villa like I do these days. It is incredibly dull, depressing, and embarrasing.

So GO GO GO !

One word that sums us up ,

One reason that ticket sales next season will be terrible ,

Quote " dad im BORED can we leave early "

Please dont think of my 11 year old as being fairweather , its his first season ticket.

1979 was my first match , in all that time i honestly dont think i have ever been so bored watching us at home , for me thats his biggest crime .

up the villa.

No. Terrible football and terrible results.

Look at what the likes of Lambert, Rodgers, Pardew, Moyes can achieve on very little - just good managers, not big names. Big Eck just ain't up to it for me - although I am starting to like the bloke himself!

I voted No to this. Nothing to do with the ex Blues thing, I really couldn't give a toss where he came from!

Poor standard of football at his previous clubs was the reason I didn't want him originally and he has confirmed to me in our performances this season that this is his style and it won't change, whoever is playing for us.

This is the least entertaining season of football from Villa I can remember and I am not looking forward to enduring more of it.

I went for No.

I can see th ereasoning behind sticking with him for a while.

But in my opinion, he isn't going to take us forward, and changing the manager asap isn't going to significantly hurt us.

It's either change now (or soon) or wait and stay lower midtable for however long he's here.

Definite no from. We sold ourselves enormously short by recruiting him in the first place and all that has happened since proves that.

a voted No

Reason: Well where should i start after the Manchester City game where we had the option of N'zogbia and Ireland in midfield we went and put Heskey on instead ?

The football has become dire admittedly i have not been to Villa Park in about a year and a half tbh ever since MON left and Houllier took over i lost interest as bad as that sounds.

McLeish was never good enough to take over in the first place and never will be and it has nothing to do with him being an ex Birmingham manager either for that matter.

The MON days seem light years ago and its only got worse since he left to.

The main question is even if Lerner sacks McLeish who is going to take over from him in such a short time i for one have no idea at all and tbh i dont trust Lerner and i believe his footballing knowledge is abysmal whats worse is he doesnt listen to the fans either.

voted No....

i dont care about the blues thing...although i hate small heath im not from the area so i don't feel as strongly as others on this front...

but he is hands down the worst manager i have seen at Villa in the 20 years i have been supporting them.....

negative, boring, lifeless, clueless football....

he's not the only problem at this club but a better manager would have had us at least fighting for 7th this season with the players we have rather than flirting with relegation

After much thought, I've actually voted "stay", much to my surprise.

McLeish has a tough job to do. He needs to manage out of the club all of the older players on wages that Lerner has decided he cannot afford any more. There will be no money to spend for a manager until this is done so we will not attract a decent replacement until this phase is over (at which stage, I hope Lerner will then sell the club to someone capable of sustaining a longer term run of the investment we need).

McLeish will keep us in the premier league while he is purging the club of the Collins's, Warnocks, etc., and he should be sacked only once there is some decent money to spend and we can get in a proper manager to restore the damage done by the shambles we've had since MON left.

See this I don't get -and it's not the first time I've heard that type of logic put forward.

So the financial conditions have changed and we can no longer push for top 4 for the forseeable = Alex McLeish is the best candidate?

Even with the new austerity measures and the sale of our better players, we spent £18 million last summer. That, combined with the talent already on the books, should see us aim far higher than merely staying in the division.

Exactly, there is no way this squad should be sitting 5th from bottom not having won a home game for 3 months. Its just ridiculous.

When the scum got relegated there was no way their squad was one of the worst 3 in the league either as much as I hate to admit that

Even with the new austerity measures and the sale of our better players, we spent £18 million last summer.

We spent 18 million trying to replace Ashley Young, Downing, Friedel and Luke Young.

Whilst McLeish should not be manager the reasons for our rapid decline rest firmly with Randy for not only **** up the last two managerial appointments but for the reckless cost cutting.

Finishing sixth with the sixth highest wage bill should have been sustainable. For whatever reason Randy and Faulkner have not been able to get our income up to that level.