McLeish: Should he stay or go? (please read opening post)

TrentVilla

Do you think the club should keep faith with Alex McLeish?  

298 members have voted

1. 1. Do you think the club should keep faith with Alex McLeish?

• Yes
    • No

if there was any chance at all that i genuinely thought we would get rid of him and replace him with something better, id say no (in fact that's what i voted), but the fact that i cant see that actually happening, coupled with the fact that he's still using what is essentially someone else's squad, filled with players who are acting the bollox, then im happy enough to give him til next christmas tbh

no

he can change 20 players if he wants but his style of football isnt progressive, his tactics and squad selections have no consistency or at times logic, his subs are poor, i could probably go on and on, we'll stagnate, the idea of where we could be by the end of his contract is a horror story

i cant believe how much he gets away with it, people are angry on here and there is plenty of table banging in the pub then you go stand in the upper holte and within the first 2 minutes its like no one cares, no ones negative, no ones positive, pretty much everyone is too bored to give a **** anymore

No from me.

Not good enough, simple as that really. Growing up near Aberdeen, he was one of my favourite players so I probably have more time for him than most, but he's just not good enough at the helm.

Nope. I see no hope of progress with McLeish in charge. The board should apologise to the fans for inflicting this season on us.

As it's not a good time to be hiring, I'd rather just have Kevin MacDonald managing for the remainder of the season and see how he does - I think at the least he would lift morale of the players & the fans would be more willing to get behind the team, which should be enough to see us safe. Then either keep him on, if successful, or find a proper replacement in the summer.

Worst home record in nearly a quarter of a century.

Playing Heskey.

Buying Hutton.

Relegation a distinct possibility.

History of taking teams down.

Negative tactics.

Not even trying against anyone in the top 14!

But real reason is just because he comes from Blose.... mmm.

GO!

I have been largely ambivalent most of the season, believing that by and large the players have been the main cause for our negative play. But now seeing that the Tottenham debacle was not a once-off and McLeish seemingly genuinely believed he had the right tactics against Man City I am finally convinced that he does not have a concept of what it takes to succeed tactically.

Make no mistake, however, the players are also greatly responsible for our predicament and my greatest concern is that if we sack McLeish we are just going to end up with a same shit, different boss kind of scenario.

However, all we really need to stay up is a 4-5 week honeymoon period for a new manager so, yes, time for Alex to go and do what he does best elsewhere, perhaps relegate Wolves...

Old school British manager.

- Graft over guile.

- Effort over strategy.

- Hit and hope over pass and move

- Reliance on individual brilliance over team dynamics/playstyle

He cannot take us forward, he can only keep us in our rut.

No.

And I say that with a heavy heart. Chopping and changing managers so often is never a good sign, but he knew he was on a hiding to nothing when he took the job. There was never going to be a honeymoon period as such (he and the powers that be surely knew that) and he needed to win a substantial amount of the support base over. He's failed to do that with his negative tactics and selections. All self inflicted.

Voted No. But with the incompetence of Lerner/Faulkner, i would dread the next appointment too! Thats where the real problems are, no doubt.

After his latest failure, You would think Randy would have a thorough review of their appointment process at least. Still, I just cant see things improving with Lerner now, he's shown for 2 years he doesnt have a clue and i won't mourn the day when his ownership of the club comes to an end.

No. But with the incompetence of Lerner/Faulkner, i would dread the next appointment too! Thats where the real problems are, no doubt.

It's a legitimate concern.

I'm not sure they're willing/ able to make a great appointment, sadly. But they'll really need to go some to make one as provocatively bad as last June's effort.