McLeish: Should he stay or go? (please read opening post)

TrentVilla

Do you think the club should keep faith with Alex McLeish?  

298 members have voted

1. 1. Do you think the club should keep faith with Alex McLeish?

• Yes
    • No

At the risk of sounding like a Moderator (which I am not) can people please just vote, leave a brief comment and move on or this thread is in danger of becoming another McLeish thread and being locked.

Thank you.

No, no and no. Never wanted him, never will want him, never will understand why Randolph Lerner made one of the most perplexing and illogical decisions I can remember in the modern game.

This will only end one way, badly.

And RL and his credit card manager sidekick can leave too, as they are the route of all the problems we are now seeing.

Definitely not the only problem at Villa at the moment but certainly one of the most damaging. There has been nothing displayed in his time here to suggest he can improve the current situation and plenty to suggest (Post match Man City being the most recent example) that there is no potential for improvement long term.

A resounding no from me!

Bring in a Cheif Operating Officer with experience at a football club and bring in the likes of Curbishley!

Most times bringing in a new manager who is a good man manager, tactically sound and a wheeler dealer will have a positive effect on a good quality but clearly disillusioned side.

Much as I'm in favour of giving someone time to prove themselves, sometimes - as was the case with Houllier - you can just tell nothing good is going to come of it from the start. Stupid appointment, get rid now and bring someone in who can actually motivate the players for the remainder of the season. And for God's sake don't let Randy and Faulkner choose the next manager!

Certainly not. At the same time, I think we should wait until the end of the season to sack him - unless it really does look like we might go down. Not because he's going to turn things around (which he isn't) but because after two duff appointments it's vital we get the next one right. If we sack him now we'd be scraping the barrel for his replacement, and fast.

No:

- Does not the get the best of the team.

- Has failed time and time again to fix defensive errors, even after making it a priority and bringing them in for extra training sessions after a defeat early in the season.

- Has failed to fix the issue of players not passing the ball to other members of the team and has not stopped the hot potato play and long ball.

- Has failed to get the best out of our strikers more consistently.

- Continually picking Emile Heskey when he has offered nothing in defence, midfield or attack. He is used as a man to lump the ball forward to, we lose possession more often than not.

- Corners. Worst record in the league.

- Home form, worst record for a number of years and nearly no win in 3 months which is nearly one half of the season.

- Play too deep and too narrow, when we do play with wide players they are usually playing too deep to cover defensive errors of full backs.

- Players out of form still picked, when players to come into form they have been dropped.

- No plan B, we sit and play, we are one dimensional, we are easy to work out, easy to break down but do not have any idea as to how to break down teams, even those lesser than us.

I can keep going.