London 2012 Olympic Games

maqroll

Personally I though Johnson was crass. His behavior was not what you would expect from a man in his position
Exactly what you'd expect from him, though.

Interesting when his "leader" is talking about the bi-product of the Olympics is the ability to attract foreign investment into the UK, you have that mildy racist, often xenophobic idiot Johnson spouting things about gold and debts for Spain and Greece. The bloke is a crass idiot who makes Romney look like he knows what is happening.

As for the Olympics thing in general I must admit I am really looking forward to it. In addition to the tickets I have (Boxing, Football and Athletics) will be watching the BBC HD channels. Looks like they have 20 or so channels broadcasting at all times covering all of the events. Excellent stuff

So, who's lighting the candle then? Redgrave? Bannister?

Candle? Candle? ....... I know we have cutbacks but I expect something more than a candle :-)

Nope, and it's 3 matches max, no zippos

Personally I though Johnson was crass. His behavior was not what you would expect from a man in his position

[\quote]

And in other news the world is round and the sky is blue

I've never understood why people want to go to opening ceremonies. You get a better view watching on TV and it's much cheaper. I suppose people just like to say they were there. Anyway, I'm looking forward to the opening ceremony for the Olympics tonight. Hopefully Boyle has done a good job...

Friend of a friend got to carry the torch in London this week

Purely because his business spent a lot each year with Samsung

He was 1 of 4 corporate torchbearers on the day Samsung got a torch run for

All purely based on business relationships

This must be the shittest opening ceremony of anything ether.

Dancing victorians and **** (not literally) famers. This is the best they could come up with? It's about as inspiring as that piece of shit logo.

I wonder what people from around the world are thinking whilst watching this.

Well, I am one of those around the world.

And I am being reminded where the modern civilization were developed and where it all started going from a farming society to the industrial society.

If you want to know how we foreigners think....

Rather amazing how a society can change over such a short timeframe.

BTW. +20 years since I had this in school.

Â