London 2012 Olympic Games

maqroll

Boyle has done wonders with this. You can see the film director coming out in him with everything on show.

Lovely two fingers up to the Tories throughout aswell.

yep, cannock chase's Aidan Burley

"Thank God the athletes have arrived! Now we can move on from leftie multi-cultural crap"

"The most leftie opening ceremony I have ever seen - more than Beijing, the capital of a communist state! Welfare tribute next?"

what a muppet

I have been flicking this on and off but when inheard blowing bubbles and saw stinchy strider rapping I had to switch it off

You've missed lots! It's been really good.

I have been flicking this on and off but when inheard blowing bubbles and saw stinchy strider rapping I had to switch it off

I don't doubt that it has been brilliantly choreographed and the light show and soundtrack is probably brilliant but this sort of thing doesn't do a lot for me and stinchy was just to much for me to take.

Who's lighting the flame? Do we know yet or is it a surprise? I haven't took much notice to be honest

I don't doubt that it has been brilliantly choreographed and the light show and soundtrack is probably brilliant but this sort of thing doesn't do a lot for me and stinchy was just to much for me to take.

Who's lighting the flame? Do we know yet or is it a surprise? I haven't took much notice to be honest

If I was to wage a fiver, I'd say it was Queenie (being Jubilee year and all).

This has been totally different than the Beijing ceremony, and I have to say I like this a lot more.

Fantastic show. You Brits can be proud of it.

Beijing was technically brilliant. London has had soul.

Hard to say what the highlight has been really. I loved the whole section with Brunel and the Olympic rings, but the James Bond bit was great too. Amazing how they deliberately made it look like the Queen was going to be played by a double for the reveal that it was actually Liz.

I'd have shown the Dambusters, then Carry On Doctor (rescored by Tony Iommi), given everyone in the stadium a steak & kidney pudding and got Bez to light the torch with a joint. Warren Mitchell as Alf Garnett to introduce the the different nations.

Couple of hundred grand for the puddings, couple of grand for Iommi & Mitchell, an offer to quash some charges for Bez - Job done.

I didnt hear any. The only big reactions to teams I have heard so far have been extra loud cheers for Canada and China.

*edit*

And India.

I'm sure I just heard a bit of booing when the Germans came out. Maybe that was just in my head...

If you imagined it, maybe I imagined the guy standing there throwing out the casual Hitler salutes.

Â