Protesting News

Mendi

• Replies 594
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The scarf thing is a good idea. It's symbolic, it can't be accused of disrupting the team and it makes a point.

Thing is, they don't need to be told how we feel. They know it. They've known all season. And arrogantly written it off as anti-Birmingham City sentiment and told us its a myth the football is dire, believing that everyone will just follow the club line. They know how we feel.

They just don't care about it.

The scarf idea is a good one if it actually takes shape and people do it. It needs to be during the match though so the cameras pick it up. It would be no good doing it at half-time or before/after the match.

If the club wont listen to what we have to say then we should stop talking, singing, chanting and clapping altogether. A silent protest at the start of the fulham game for the player entrance n first 10 to 15 mins of the match starting would be a big statement that the club doesnt listen to the voice of the fans with respect to OUR club and protest against mcleish ruining our premier league status.

Here's something to consider - what if the nightmare scenario happens? What happens if we get relegated but McLeish is still here next season? What do we do then? Something like that would require coordinated action from the entire fanbase.

There is no bright side...

Do you reckon MCleish knows hes a garbage manager but just takes any job for the money mainly.

It showed how much Lerner knows about "soccer" When he pays a shit club with a shit manager for that SHIT manager.

Honestly the way the club has been handled Villa deserve to go down as the football is painful to watch.

I mainly feel for the fans who travel to see it.

Personally relegation will hit Lerner and i hope Mrs Lerner takes him for a load to maybe next time he will listen to what the fans want instead of being an ignorant clearing in the woods.

i just dont know why we should go and applaud the players in the warmup then turn on the manager......... i aggree the manager isnt performing, but neither are the players - why should they get away scott free........ theyre as much responsible for the mess as the board and the gaffer.......

Best thing to do is not renew until he's gone. Many are doing this anyway. Rest assured they'll soon listen then. The cost of getting rid of Mcleish will be peanuts compared to how much they'll lose in gate receipts. Best thing to do is spread the word about not renewing. If we can get them down by half that's a huge chunk of revenue. We're already loosing that of 4000 or so that aren't turning up this season.

Liverpool's attendance when down to 30-35k at times under Woy, practicably unthinkable. If it's one language the Yanks understand it's money.

Once he's gone obviously you can all go out and renew then.

But obviously you need to think who you want as manager as finding a decent one at the moment is no easy task, as Wolves found out.

tactically disgraceful

give the job to k'mac

at lease he probably knows :

ireland is an attacking midfielder with great potential playing off the stiker

nzogbia needs a bit more freedom and deffinatly shouldnt be on the bench as he was starting to pick up his game

heskey if he really has to be used is most certainly not a winger, although he does have blistering pace and is extremely skillful

not looking forward to blackburn at all.

The scarf thing is a good idea. It's symbolic, it can't be accused of disrupting the team and it makes a point.

Thing is, they don't need to be told how we feel. They know it. They've known all season. And arrogantly written it off as anti-Birmingham City sentiment and told us its a myth the football is dire, believing that everyone will just follow the club line. They know how we feel.

They just don't care about it.

I think you're right, they believe everything will improve and that McBore is the right man for the job. But the fact is we all know they are wrong.

They won't take notice of the fans until the media start taking us seriously. The board are hoping this will all go away but even if Villa improved it would return once we go on another bad run. Yesterday I read quotes from Martin Keown saying that maybe Villa fans need a reality check. It got me thinking that even the so called experts don't get it. We understand we may not have lots of money to spend but when clubs like Norwich and Swansea can go out and play attractive football and being all but safe from relegation we are left in 15th place watching dross. The manager needs to go because his style of football is killing the club and destroying our loyal fan base. We need to get the media to realise that's it's not all about h being an ex Blue nose and then maybe the board might realise that this bad PR won't just go away.

By the way I'd like to see Faulkner out too. I hope an effective protest strategy can be agreed.

lets rewind and show th difference between us and spurs.

spurs appointed ramos who was a complete disaster and i think what was it 16 games in raised their hands said we cocked up, sacked him and poached candleface from pompey.

meanwhile down at villa mcleish is doing as poorer job but our owners continue to keep him and things are getting worse and worse.

if randy sacked mcleish fans would forgive him if he raised his hands and said i made a mistake with that appointment but i am determine dto get the next one right.

but by him continuing to have this cluelss and completely unpopular manager in charge he risks damaging the club to a level that wont be repaired for many many years if ever.

If we lose to Blackburn or even perhaps draw then I think McLeish will be cutting a very isolated figure on the touch line at the next home game.

If we go behind in that one I think things will turn ugly and very quickly, the only thing that is going to help him is that there probably won't be many people there.

Spurs got rid of Ramos because they had ambition. After each game that passes its becoming clearer that Lerners only interest it owning a club in the premier league.

Mcleish will not be sacked as he has a letter from fergie and is prepared to work under the conditions set by the owner.

The protests should be against the board IMO.

I cant believe the board were stupid enough into giving McLeish a 3 year contract. It's just ludicrous. EVERYONE could see this was going to happen from a complete mile off. I think 95% of the fans now want him out now. There's no going back, everything that goes wrong from now on will result in negative boo's and negative chants towards the manager and it's just not healthy for the club, the players or the future. Get rid, now.

Â