Protesting News

Mendi

We have 6 homes and 5 away games left. No game is easy but on paper our home games are "easier" and I use that word in the loosest possible sense.

Of the remaining points we pick up, It will be interesting to see how many of those we gain at home and on our travels.

Bizarrely I feel it will be the latter and that includes going to Arsenal , Man Utd and Liverpool!

I just feel the players look less uptight and more willing to seize the initiative without having several thousand jump on their back for making a mistake rather than crating an atmosphere that puts the fear into the opposition.

I see where you are coming from now.

What we want is the atmosphere that helped them seize the initiative at Wigan and Blackburn.

• 1 month later...
  • Replies 594
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

About time this thread re-emerged.

Now is the time to stop saying 'protesting is small time' and 'support the lads, protesting will upset them'. We have done the 'get behind the team' bollocks and it doesn't work.

Now perhaps those with more than half a brain will actually, for the last 3 games, get the opportunity to let McLeish and Lerner have it big time without the condescending critics on here giving them grief (even though they have all seemed to have crawled under a rock somewhere since the Bolton defeat!).

I would also propose an on-line protest as we only have 1 home game left.

Constantly post on facebook links or tweeting our disapproval at McLeish while keeping things civil (i.e. no personal insults/foul language as it loses the point we're trying to make) OR a co-ordinated mass unlike/unfollow.

I know some people think this might not got noticed by the powers that be but social media has a huge influence and something is better than nothing so any improvements on this would be welcome.

I think there are already many groups, what I propose is unfollowing and unliking the official page/twitter feed en mass so they know we're fed up hearing Mcleish has the backing.

As I say, it might be dismissed but it's still sending a message.

For what its worth, I actually don't think thats a bad idea! I'm totally behind singing & civil protests as well - but at least this way those who aren't as local can also join in the protest!

Ooooh no!! Can't do that!! It'll upset the players. You know, the one's who are doing so well for us. The ones who are fighting desperately, every game!! Yeah right.

As it stands we're going down, so it'll make no difference to the players at all what we sing against their Manager. Hard and loud.

6th May is going to be McLeishout day. A twitter account is organising banners and hand out cards. he's accepting donations towards them at http://www.mcleishout.co.uk

id definitely suggest following him and seeing the plans.

Im also going to get in touch with whoever runs that Massive light up board next to goals at Spaghetti. They were advertising 1000 ads for £500 so was debating starting a paypal and asking for donations so we can put #Mcleishout in massive lights for a day.

I can't help but think that the bigger and more aggressive the protests, the less likely Randy is to sack him. It's a matter of pride - he won't want to be seen to be 'bullied by the mob'.

Staying away en masse is the best tactic.

I can't help but think that the bigger and more aggressive the protests, the less likely Randy is to sack him. It's a matter of pride - he won't want to be seen to be 'bullied by the mob'.

Staying away en masse is the best tactic.

Well how about we protest first and if that turns out to be the case then we don't give him anymore money.

Lets face it, Lerner only gave him a vote of confidence last night becuase he witnessed the fans reaction. If he could be arsed to turn up a bit more he may well have seen the fans frustrations first hand and this "vote of confidence" may have come sooner.

This doing nothing isn't going to cut it. If you go to the game, tear the prick a new one. If you aren't, then fair play, you are hitting them in the pocket.

We need to make it so uncomfortable for both of them so that there is no doubt at all left in their minds that we are going to accept or tolerate this bullshit anymore.

#stopmcleish2012

hahaha, good good

Although if it's anything like the game last night, which it will be, the stewards will only take the signs off you after you unfurl them anyways. 'Get the 'Eck Out' only lasted a few seconds yesterday

What has happened to some fans over the last couple of years? Why are so many bottling out of protests and anti McLeish chants and banners?

It doesn't seem so long ago that banners and chants were directed at O'Leary and that worked so what has changed?

Â