Protesting News

Mendi

That's fine. I agree with you. But whipping a banner when we've just conceded is severely lacking in class and integrity. That's not sticking up for what you believe in, it's just throwing your toys out of the pram.

You only sing when you're winning and all that...

or....

The fans did there best to keep the anti-Mcleish chants to a minimum for most part and 'support the team', but finally lost there cool over the decision to sit back and play out for a 1-0 win.

All this bullshit about 'getting behind the team' and what not is nonsense. The time has passed for that. Unless we get rid of this idiot soon, We are in severe danger of relegation and far worse.

So I will take my toys, and I will throw em out the pram, preferably in the Direction of Mcleish' face.

• Replies 594
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Delphinho, weren't you supporting McLeish a few weeks ago?

Most of us good Villa fans were supporting McLeish a few weeks ago

But not any more :angry:

Speak for yourself. The very moment his name was mentioned in the same breath as Aston Villa I thought it was an abomination. Nothing I have seen since has changed that viewpoint.

That's not to say I haven't supported the team every game, but Alex **** McLeish? Randolph must have smoked some serious weed the day he appointed him. In fact, he must like the odd joint, as he appointed Houllier too.

All these that are against protesting need to step back and think for a minute, if at you're work the bosses decided to give you pay cut, do you sit back and do nothing, no you strike, I pay £40 a week to go watch the villa, I do dnt go to watch unattractive, defensive, crap football, being managed by a championship quality manager, I want to be entertained, on the edge of me seat, not going to villa park thinking the worst, then coming out even more pissed off than I went in, why the hell should I not show my anger at this situation, being robbed every Saturday, its not the money its seiing the club I love going down the pan,

And as for getting behind ur team these are professional footballers, this all wanted to do with me life was play football, putting that shirt on and running on that pitch should be enough and if that doesn't do it the 30 grand a week there on should.

Me self I don't protest or lay banners, but the lads who do do what you see nessercery,

Cost I don't have the willpower, I'm defeated lol

I was willing to give McLeish a fair chance in the beginning of the year despite being angry about where he came from. We started off not to great but not that bad. I was probably content but then McLeish's negative football completely took over and he refused to sit Warnock or Hutton. Plus his line-ups were shit and from then on out, I have wanted him gone. It's March and we only have 6 **** wins! We are so dull, the players look like they don't give a shit, and we have a terrible record. The fans just are not watching and who could blame them? I am not excited to watch our games. I have actually fallen asleep a few times while watching. Really any other manager would be better than McLeish.

When I've watched us on TV I've physically felt ill a couple of times. You know like when you sit around bored doing nothing all day you have that sluggish feeling? Yeah, that's what I get watching us. Nice one Mc-Boring.

Most of us good Villa fans were supporting McLeish a few weeks ago

But not any more :angry:

Speak for yourself. The very moment his name was mentioned in the same breath as Aston Villa I thought it was an abomination. Nothing I have seen since has changed that viewpoint.

That's not to say I haven't supported the team every game, but Alex **** McLeish? Randolph must have smoked some serious weed the day he appointed him. In fact, he must like the odd joint, as he appointed Houllier too.

:lol:

Having read some of the replies I'm even more shocked.

Firstly to the guy who ranted about taking off Herd and Charles off.......clearly you weren't watching the game sir. Herd was knackered after making his first comeback from a lengthy injury and Charles wasn't tracking back. In the 1st half he didn't need to but once they brought on the lad Olsson at half time, they gave us problems down our right side.

Also I feel my point about the responses about what I said about the banner are indicative of the attitude of some fans right now. The minute we concede, or don't score like at Wigan, or someone scores an own goal (Warnock) or makes a mistake (usually Hutton) the fans berate the players or usually Mcleish.

You pay ya money you take ya choice. Personally I prefer to get behind the boys and save the criticism for half time or full time. I just feel that during the game the booing seeps through to the pitch. Is it any coincidence how our results are better away from home? The players look shit scared to make a mistake at the risk of being villified!

Finally to the guy who childishly said I was "too busy watching the banner"...... its a sign of sad times when you instinctively know that people are ready to display such behaviour when things don't go your way! I expected it especially after what happened at Wigan!

Would such a display have happened if we'd won 1-0?

Ha! find one of my quotes to support this argument.

It was a question, not a statement.

Its fair to say we all support the club but the actions of our board in appointing AM set us up for epic failure - what we witness each and every game currently is failure.

Shitting it about Fulham at home! What have we become!!

I'm really unsure on how i stand on Villa and protesting/booing during a game.

I think it's absolutely pointless paying money and turning up to VP if you're going to boo and chant negatively towards the team as soon as something bad happens, ie, concede a goal. I mean really, what good does it do for anyone at all? Absolutely nothing. It can only make things worse, so why do it?

Whilst I also think as a paying supporter of the club, you have the right to boo and moan, but common sense surely tells you if you're paying for something you're not satisfied with, then why keep paying it? If you go out for a meal and it's shite, chances are you wont go back until the restaurant improves. Why not do the same for Villa? Though, for people with season ticket holders i can only sympathise as the alternative to going is to waste money.

I actually do genuinely belive that a crowd of 18-25k who don't constantly moan and boo is better then 25-35k of people giving off negative vibes every time someone loses the ball, negativity is contagious, and will result it more people making there opinions known to Mr.McLeish. As I said, i'm not saying you don't have a right to give your opinion at a game, just it really doesnt help anyone.

The better way to protest is to just not turn up to games rather than boo and moan whilst you're there imo.

EDIT: I suppose if you cheer when we score it's only fair to boo when we don't. I don't know, as I said I don't know where i stand but I know what doesnt help the team either other than having AMC as the manager.

Is it any coincidence how our results are better away from home?

Yes, our results are so much better away aren't they.

Home

W D L

3 4 6

Away

W D L

3 8 3

I hardly think winning 3 away games (the same number as at home) but drawing an extra 4 (gaining 4 more points) is worth getting too excited about.

Home

W D L

3 4 6

Away

W D L

3 8 3

I hardly think winning 3 away games (the same number as at home) but drawing an extra 4 (gaining 4 more points) is worth getting too excited about.

And yet those 4 extra points might well be the difference in staying up or not. We shouldn't be dropping so many points at home to put us in this position.

Home

W D L

3 4 6

Away

W D L

3 8 3

And yet those 4 extra points might well be the difference in staying up or not. We shouldn't be dropping so many points at home to put us in this position.

You may be right about the 4 extra points being the difference in staying up or going down but my point was made to show that there is no significant difference between our results at home and our results away to suggest that playing in front of home fans negatively impacts on our performance/results which you seemed to imply.

We have 6 homes and 5 away games left. No game is easy but on paper our home games are "easier" and I use that word in the loosest possible sense.

Of the remaining points we pick up, It will be interesting to see how many of those we gain at home and on our travels.

Bizarrely I feel it will be the latter and that includes going to Arsenal , Man Utd and Liverpool!

I just feel the players look less uptight and more willing to seize the initiative without having several thousand jump on their back for making a mistake rather than crating an atmosphere that puts the fear into the opposition.

Â