Protesting News

Mendi

• Replies 594
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

After paying off MON, Houllier and compensation to small heath there is no chance of Lerner sacking McLeish and paying up his contract (£5 million?). The situation is so bad I reckon even if we were relegated we'd get the line that McLeish has experience of getting teams promoted. He's going nowhere, sadly.

:!:

Dunno - if Lerner took him to one side - and said resign now and you get £2.5m - would Mcleish take it ? ..I think he probably would.

Ermmm...

McClunge is Scottish, he would not take a penny less than he is entitled too..

Some dark days ahead, because I believe that he is here for the long term, no matter how bad it gets...

After paying off MON, Houllier and compensation to small heath there is no chance of Lerner sacking McLeish and paying up his contract (£5 million?). The situation is so bad I reckon even if we were relegated we'd get the line that McLeish has experience of getting teams promoted. He's going nowhere, sadly.

:!:

:cry:

Dunno - if Lerner took him to one side - and said resign now and you get £2.5m - would Mcleish take it ? ..I think he probably would.

Ermmm...

Some dark days ahead, because I believe that he is here for the long term, no matter how bad it gets...

He will only leave if promises made are broken . Its like rearranging the deckchairs on the Titanic we have to get new players in and get rid of the overpaid overhyped past their sell by date seniors who haven't got the club at heart . If we don't then relegation is a distinct possibility next season

Ermmm...

He will only leave if promises made are broken . Its like rearranging the deckchairs on the Titanic we have to get new players in and get rid of the overpaid overhyped past their sell by date seniors who haven't got the club at heart . If we don't then relegation is a distinct possibility next season

So is that why they are saying there will be money available in the Summer as that is a'broken promise' and McEck will Feck? :)

So MM, do you mean to say that McLeish is basically here to stay no matter how poorly he does or how low attendances get?

It really is a depressing thought. I dread to think where the club is going to be in two years time if he's still here.

So MM, do you mean to say that McLeish is basically here to stay no matter how poorly he does or how low attendances get?

It really is a depressing thought. I dread to think where the club is going to be in two years time if he's still here.

Whilst its great to see MM posts back on here. Lets not forget he did asssure us that Mcleish wouldn't be our manager. Thats not to discredit MM - but perhaps somethings Randy just keeps to himself. He could be jetting over with Mcleish's p45 this very weekend ! (not an ITK - Just a hope)

Season ticket sales will be at an all time low. It will hit the club really hard, I hope Randy realises this.

Me and my step dad have been to about 8 or so home games this season and I've just bought tickets for the Fulham game as well. If McLeish is still here next season we've both agreed that at the very least we won't be going to anywhere near as many games as we have this season. I want to support my team but at the same time we're sick of making the 3 hour trip to Birmingham only to have to witness the same negative shit over and over again. It's costly too.

Me and my step dad have been to about 8 or so home games this season and I've just bought tickets for the Fulham game as well. If McLeish is still here next season we've both agreed that at the very least we won't be going to anywhere near as many games as we have this season. I want to support my team but at the same time we're sick of making the 3 hour trip to Birmingham only to have to witness the same negative shit over and over again. It's costly too.

And how many more people are there like Mantis. ?

I was so pleased when Houllier was ditched - and was really looking forward to the following season - even the appointment of Mcleish didn't stop me buying a season ticket.....at worst I thought he would improve over houllier - i thought wed be winning lots of games 1-0

However its proved worse than I thought. The launching of long balls down the pitch, the inability of players to retain possesion , and his very patchy record in the transfer market - its highly unlikley i will renew next season.

I was so pleased when Houllier was ditched - and was really looking forward to the following season - even the appointment of Mcleish didn't stop me buying a season ticket.....at worst I thought he would improve over houllier - i thought wed be winning lots of games 1-0

However its proved worse than I thought. The launching of long balls down the pitch, the inability of players to retain possesion , and his very patchy record in the transfer market - its highly unlikley i will renew next season.

Lots of people I've spoken to at VP are saying they're not renewing if he's still here. I expect some of those will eventually but I bet a fair few will stick to their guns. If things carry on as they are we'll struggle to get attendances of 30,000 next season.

I know it won't win me any better fan pissing contests, but I have a six hour journey to watch the Villa. And this season is the first in many years where I just can't bring myself to go and watch. It's just too depressing.

There will be a huge drop season ticket sales IMO, I have bought 2 for the last seven seasons and it has been two adult tickets for the last couple of seasons as my 15 year old does not always want to go (I wonder why!). I will think long and hard before renewing this time though.

I really do think the club have not considered the implications of this season on next season. They are taking far too much for granted and might be in for a shock.

There will be a huge drop season ticket sales IMO, I have bought 2 for the last seven seasons and it has been two adult tickets for the last couple of seasons as my 15 year old does not always want to go (I wonder why!). I will think long and hard before renewing this time though.

I really do think the club have not considered the implications of this season on next season. They are taking far too much for granted and might be in for a shock.

Maybe someone at the club doesn't give a **** about next season because it won't have an impact on them!

I think "the Club" can be divided into different areas of responsibility, though of course all links at the top, but I imagine the ticketing people have plans for next season based around the way attendances have dropped this season - but you're right, if this carries on, then they won't be able to give them away next season.

For context I didn't renew this season, and it wasn't because of the manager choice, it was for all kinds of other reasons, which if the manager had been "OK" might have led me to reconsider for next season if the ticket office addressed the "value for money' issue. Trouble is, the style of football, and performances make value for money an issue even if the tickets are free, at the moment.

I don't blame McLeish entirely, but it's not working (and was not really likely to). He's admirable in many ways, but there are some factors which are working against him - previous football style, previous employment (meaning he's never likely to get any slack), a history of relegations, our results, approach against better sides and so on. And most of all the players are letting him and us down.

I know it won't win me any better fan pissing contests, but I have a six hour journey to watch the Villa. And this season is the first in many years where I just can't bring myself to go and watch. It's just too depressing.
Six hours round trip or six hours there and six hours back?

Â