Scottish Independence

maqroll

Salmonds probably not even that bothered about winning now.

He's set up for life after this he could go anywhere and say "well I got wee bonnie scotchland independence, nearly."

He'll be the Blair of Scotchland.  Just a speaker for whoever pays him the most.

'No' campaigners lined up for the next couple of days, an Orange Order march through Glasgow and a visit by Nigel Farage.

If anything ever was going to persuade an undecided voter, I couldn't think of a more potent combo.

Obviously the biggest worry for me is that they'll probably use Flower of Scotland as a national anthem, as they did recently in the Commonwealth games, instead of Scotland the Brave which is clearly a better anthem by any measure.

I'd run through a brick wall for Scotland the Brave and i'm barely 1/8th Scottish by blood and don't identify with them at all.

I mean Jesus Christ, if they can't get a simple thing like this right, how can they possibly be trusted in running an entire country?

Obviously the biggest worry for me is that they'll probably use Flower of Scotland as a national anthem, as they did recently in the Commonwealth games, instead of Scotland the Brave which is clearly a better anthem by any measure.

I'd run through a brick wall for Scotland the Brave and i'm barely 1/8th Scottish by blood and don't identify with them at all.

I mean Jesus Christ, if they can't get a simple thing like this right, how can they possibly be trusted in running an entire country?

When ah wek up , wull ah know arm gunna be , arm gunna be da marn hoo weks up nex ta yoo!!!

• Like 3

An Orange Order & Nigel Farage double whammy. Jaysus. The amount of shaven headed, heavily after shaved, Nike Air Max wearing, Union Jack draped rocket polishers on display will surely cause some sort of malfunction in the matrix.

A few thousand from my neck of the woods are traveling over this weekend to join in.

If they vote yes and leave the UK and therefore outside of the EU for a period yet to be decided, what does that mean for cross border travel from Scotland to the rest of the UK?

All lorries heading south on the m6 to be routinely inspected for stowaways in the back leaving a third world country for a better life

• Like 4

If they vote yes and leave the UK and therefore outside of the EU for a period yet to be decided, what does that mean for cross border travel from Scotland to the rest of the UK?

All lorries heading south on the m6 to be routinely inspected for stowaways in the back leaving a third world country for a better life

I misread that as Torries the first time, either works. :)

Does this mean Irn Bru and haggis will be more expensive?

Buckfast the other way.

This is one of the things that seems to have been brushed under the carpet by Salmond.

I used to coordinate international band tours before free trade in the EU came to pass.

It was a pain in the ass. You need specific paperwork in the form of a registered carnet, which is a list of all your equipment and where it was made.

It's a guarantee for the country you are entering that you won't sell your tack, avoiding import tax.

The paperwork costs money and requires a bond.

If I was an upcoming indie band I'd probably be inclined to give Scotland a miss, if this came to pass.

• Like 2

I'd imagine there's likely to be a deluge of companies buggering off to England, if this comes to pass.

RBS for one have said that they'd be off. Surely they'd have to change their name too. ;)

One of a long list of questions there is no answer too

Scottish Life, owned by Royal London are in the process of being re-branded, I can't help but wonder if this vote has had an influence upon that.

I thought they'd done that ages ago. Scottish Life over here was renamed Royal London 360 a few years back.

• Like 1

Â