Carlos Cuellar - Released

R.Bear

Well he deserves it that is for sure -

I think Dunne at his best is the better defender and I think when MON was here that Collins and Dunne deserved to play together as it seemed to work.

However theyve been pants for some time and what Carlos has massively over both of them is a decent attitude. Carlos looks like he has a desire to really put it on the line for the club. Not sure if either of the other two do.

That added to the fact that Carlos doesnt just hoof it constantly puts him miles ahead of Collins for me.

Glad we are looking to keep him because he is versatile and it saves is shelling out for another CB.

My current thinking would be to ship out Collins and Warnock and buy 1CB 1LB

This is a no brainer. Give Carlos 40k a week to keep him two or three more years, sell Collins for 3-4 mill and save 40k a week with him gone and we will get a better defence.

I also think the new tax regime in Spain has taken away the financial advance that the Spanish clubs had opposed to the English clubs regarding wages.

This is a no brainer. Give Carlos 40k a week to keep him two or three more years, sell Collins for 3-4 mill and save 40k a week with him gone and we will get a better defence.

40k a week, you know MON isnt in charge anymore ;). He is in his 30s now so think a deal like that be madness

Surely then he is not going to sign a new contract for the exact same wage.. He is going to want an increase, maybe

It absolutely depends what he can get elsewhere. Rangers won't beat what we can pay, if they can sign anybody, and I am not aware of the Spanish clubs outside of the big 2 and Real Mallorca being able to offer any more than we can. So unless Anzi Maka .... (whatever) or PSG are in for him I would have thought there is a deal to be done at a lower level than £40k in the current austere climate.

Â