Carlos Cuellar - Released

R.Bear

Collins was marking lescott but got attracted to the ball heading toward Carlos. Getting in Carlos' way and leaving an unmarked player, who he was battling with from the previous ball into the box, clear 2yards out. Clever stuff

Beye's gone already.

I still don't understand why Cuellar isn't an automatic starter. Okay, he has been the last few games and will be now Dunne and Clark are out, but he's been shuffled right across the back four now, always puts a decent shift in and we're probably getting rid of him in the summer? He's our best defender IMO.

He hasn't been a first choice centre back for three managers now though, clearly I'm wrong about him.

Lescotts goal was his error? Unbelievable! Some people don't watch games I'm sure! Collins completely lost his man! I haven't seen cuellar be at fault for a goal for a while!
yes it was Cuellar's fault, Barry was completely free to head it back to the box. Cuellar had to mark him as a closest player. schoolboy error same as Collins and if i remember well Dunne were all runing from Lescott towards Cuellear/Barry. Cuellar gets the highest share of blame because of not simply screaming: "i am going to got it". imho share of blame is 50:25:25 (Cuellar : Collins : Dunne).

i have watched it carefully on Sunday only I have forgotten if the third player was Dunne or not.

there 'old school' way off defending is absolutely killing us. where is the communication?
this should be answered by someone who attends the games as from streams or tv it is not visible for me if players are, or are not communicating during the match broader than simple "pass me". the defense must be in constant communication to be better positioned and marking properly. only thing i can confirm that Keane is non-stop talker managing almost whole attack as you can see his talking and oftenly frustration on simple errors or misplaced passes and lack of movement.

there 'old school' way off defending is absolutely killing us. where is the communication?
this should be answered by someone who attends the games as from streams or tv it is not visible for me if players are, or are not communicating during the match broader than simple "pass me". the defense must be in constant communication to be better positioned and marking properly. only thing i can confirm that Keane is non-stop talker managing almost whole attack as you can see his talking and oftenly frustration on simple errors or misplaced passes and lack of movement.

yeah keane did look like he could organize an attack..good we need more players to speak up, and organize the team, clearly because as much as we can blame Mcleish for most things, he can't be on the pitch with the player..there just doesnt seem to be any fire in there bellies, no passion to try and close anyone down.. I think they have lost confidnece in AM, so have he fans.. And lerner is just now in denial...but keane has gone now so thats another thing we have lost, a voice on the pitch, at least trying to organize things..

If only other players had the attitude of Cuellar. Taken from Sky Sports web site:

"If you give me some gloves I will play in goal, anything for the good of the team. For me the best feeling is being in the first team. I don't care where I play, for the team I will play anywhere."

Carlos Cuellar

Quotes of the week

If only other players had the attitude of Cuellar. Taken from Sky Sports web site:

"If you give me some gloves I will play in goal, anything for the good of the team. For me the best feeling is being in the first team. I don't care where I play, for the team I will play anywhere."

Carlos Cuellar

Quotes of the week

Great words.

Carlos Cuellar

Quotes of the week

Audley Harrison and David Haye used to talk alot too.

I can't believe Carlos is referred to in with some of the other overpaid/contract ending/aging deadwood that we should be looking to exit in the summer.

The guy is by far and away the best defender we have, he loves it at VP and would play anywhere/any time to pull on the C&B. We should be moving heaven and earth to extend Carlos' contract and make sure he is still here next year. I personally believe he should be one of the first names on the team sheet BUT even if you disagree with this his flexibility and ability to play across the back line makes him an invaluable squad member surely?

Carlos Cuellar

Quotes of the week

What a daft thing to say. :|

I can't believe Carlos is referred to in with some of the other overpaid/contract ending/aging deadwood that we should be looking to exit in the summer.

The guy is by far and away the best defender we have, he loves it at VP and would play anywhere/any time to pull on the C&B. We should be moving heaven and earth to extend Carlos' contract and make sure he is still here next year. I personally believe he should be one of the first names on the team sheet BUT even if you disagree with this his flexibility and ability to play across the back line makes him an invaluable squad member surely?

Agree.

Carlos Cuellar

Quotes of the week

Let me explain, anyone can talk a good game, and say things people want to hear. But for me it is all about your actions.

Carlos Cuellar

Quotes of the week

Let me explain, anyone can talk a good game, and say things people want to hear. But for me it is all about your actions.

Considering Warnock and Collins say **** all and are shit, what you say makes no sense.

Carlos Cuellar

Quotes of the week

Considering Warnock and Collins say **** all and are shit, what you say makes no sense.

Warnock and Collins dont come into the equation, they have nothing to do with this context. Davies was another who liked to say things in the media that he hoped would get people onside.

In my opinion, and I know some will disagree, Carlos Cuellar is one of the best defenders we have.

He has played at centre half, right back and now left back. I reckon the reason why he doesn't hold down a regular first team place is because he is probably too nice and is not one for making noises and banging on the manager's door every time he doesn't start. In other words, he is an easy 'Drop' for a manager because he doesn't moan and just gets on with it.

He makes mistakes but don't we all!

Keep him and get rid of the moaners.

Â