Habib Beye (left AVFC by Mutual Consent)

VillaRoy

I'm so tired of the endless talk of O'Neill there is literally nothing left to be said.

The ghost of MON needs exercising

I think it will take another 24 months

Oh I don't know, he's not that out of shape is he?

I'm so tired of the endless talk of O'Neill there is literally nothing left to be said.

The ghost of MON needs exercising

I think it will take another 24 months

Oh I don't know, he's not that out of shape is he?

Well people do mention quite frequently that he never took training sessions while he was at Villa, so it's quite possible... :winkold:

Everything that needs to be said about MON can probably be gleaned by perusing Sunderland's record since 11 December 2010. Played 9 league games, won 6, drawn 1, lost 2.

.Prior to that their record was played 14, won 2, drawn 5, lost 7

How badly we are missing that sort of magic at Villa right now!

Yes but he left us skint with vastly overpaid rubbish in our squad that nobody wants and after been given 100+million to spend what did we win, eh, nothing.

Even fecking AM won a League Cup without the sort of financial backing O'Neill got with a relegation team!

Everything that needs to be said about MON can probably be gleaned by perusing Sunderland's record since 11 December 2010. Played 9 league games, won 6, drawn 1, lost 2.

.Prior to that their record was played 14, won 2, drawn 5, lost 7

How badly we are missing that sort of magic at Villa right now!

yes especially when you add that in his 1st window he's gone and got bridge and kyrgiakos and failed to get davies, it does sound all too familiar

as for beye, i didnt think he was that bad when he actually got a game, with his age/role in the squad/wage he was never going to be a good signing though

Can I just say he certainly wasn't one of the worst full backs we've had in the last 10 years. He did have some good games for us.

However he's a symbol of the bad points to Mon's management. Why sign a 32 year old on 40k a week when Luke Young was at the club and then it was decided that Cuellar would play most of the season at RB anyway.

This 100%

I assume we have, but is there solid confirmation on us having simply paid up the remainder of his contract?

Purely a guess, but I expect we have paid him most of what he would earn, him taking a hit for the ability to go to a club as a free agent and get wages that way. If we have paid him in full when we could have sent him out on loan and recovered some of the wages, someone needs shooting.

Where's my gun!

Everything that needs to be said about MON can probably be gleaned by perusing Sunderland's record since 11 December 2010. Played 9 league games, won 6, drawn 1, lost 2

must be some backlog in fixtures in next few months

Yes but he left us skint with vastly overpaid rubbish in our squad that nobody wants and after been given 100+million to spend what did we win, eh, nothing.

Even fecking AM won a League Cup without the sort of financial backing O'Neill got with a relegation team!

We've had this stuff over and over again. I know the spin the board has put out about MON off by heart so I don't need to hear it again.

I'm just saying, look at what he has done for Sunderland in nine matches.

BTW, you need to look upwards to see this because they are now well above us in the table.

tbh, theres no need to be harsh about is ability, we all know that he wasnt quite good enough for the level that we wanted, its unfortunate that he wasnt given the chance, but still, these things do happen, hes getting on now so i hope he can find another peak of ability before he is set to retire

shame he wasnt good enough but we did need to get him off the books

A really strange decision to give him such money and a mistake no doubt. I wonder how much MON knew about our wages to income ratio at the time of signing him and I still think the man who should know more about it has to take some of the blame. It's ridiculous that an average player can earn so much doing nothing.

As for MON, he left us with a squad that had just earned the clubs highest points total in years while challenging for two cups. He left us with a LB that made the world cup squad, a defender just voted into the prem team of the year and a back 4 that made sure only 4 teams let in less goals than us over an entire season. He also left us with two of the best wingers in the league.

You can blame him for wasting money and the time of his departure but it's not his fault the following managers ripped out most of the fight and passion from the team and can't get the players to perform as well as they did under him.

Â