Habib Beye (left AVFC by Mutual Consent)

VillaRoy

For Villa I can think of Balaban definitely, Hadji and Cashloo certainly, Curcic most probably and Collymore (and I loved Stanley Victor), Steve Stone at the time 5M was an awful lot, Neale Cooper for 400K did f all for me. We have had our share and Beye will be no more than a footnote in that

How is Kachloul worse than Beye? Yes they're both shite, but Kachloul cost nothing, played 22 to Beye's 9. He wasn't on Beye's wage; though he was on a big wage yes. And he put in some decent performances too IIRC. I think in a game of 'crap Villans' top trumps, Beye would be the 'Star Trump'.

How is Kachloul worse than Beye? Yes they're both shite, but Kachloul cost nothing, played 22 to Beye's 9. He wasn't on Beye's wage; though he was on a big wage yes. And he put in some decent performances too IIRC. I think in a game of 'crap Villans' top trumps, Beye would be the 'Star Trump'.

He was on a free, but on a reputed huge wage; the equivalent of more than Beye was. He played 22 games, of which I can think of few decent performances, bar once scoring and then disappeared into obscurity for three more seasons whilst he collected 30 or 40 K a week.

I just don’t believe that Beye stands out as being the worse signing in Villa; probably in the top five, but not the star trump.

He was rubbish, but the idea that he’s going to stick in peoples minds as being in that elite club of dreadful signings, just doesn’t hold water imo.

I am delighted he’s gone, but lets not linger on it. Faulkner won’t suddenly give aload of money to the manager. He thinks it can all be done on the cheap. Remember we are a top six side according to him....

I was thinking we could do a more lighthearted version of Top Trumps.

Things like:

Name, nickname, crowd chant (where applicable), manager who bought them, transfer fee, appearances, overall crapness, famous incidents that proved their crapness (for example Beye single-handedly knocking us out of Europe), things like that?

Forgot about him, fancy that. Can we add Alan Thompson aswel? Reading Paul mersons book the other day and he said Alan Thompson turned up for training one day and said outright he was out of his depth in the premier league.

Forgot about him, fancy that. Can we add Alan Thompson aswel? Reading Paul mersons book the other day and he said Alan Thompson turned up for training one day and said outright he was out of his depth in the premier league.

Â