Habib Beye (left AVFC by Mutual Consent)

VillaRoy

The news everyones really been waiting for;

DONCASTER Rovers will unveil Aston Villa defender Habib Beye as their latest big name loan signing on Monday, the Free Press understands.

The former Senegal international defender has agreed to move to the Keepmoat until January in a deal that will be announced tomorrow.

He is primarily a right back but can also operate in the middle of the defence.

It is understood Villa will pick up the vast majority of Beye's hefty wage bill during his time at the Keepmoat.

Beye has made just one appearance for Villa this season, playing the final three minutes of the Carling Cup clash with Hereford in August.

The 34-year-old has found life at Villa Park frustrating since his move from Newcastle United in August 2009, finding himself behind Carlos Cuellar in the pecking order.

Beye made his name at Strasbourg before earning a 2.5m euro move to Marseille who he represented in the Champions League and the UEFA Cup, reaching the final of the latter in 2004 and subsequently captaining the side.

Sam Allardyce then parted with £2m to bring him to Newcastle United in August 2007, a move which proved popular with Beye going on to win player of the season awards at the end of his first campaign.

With the Magpies' relegation in 2009, Beye moved south to Villa but has gone on to make just seven Premier League starts in more than two years at Villa Park.

Beye has picked up 35 caps for Senegal and made substitute appearances for his country at the 2002 World Cup.

Doncaster Free Press: Beye on way to Doncaster Rovers

See ya later Habib. With his contract running out in the summer, I doubt we'll see him again.

for all the wages he has received plus the 2.5 million fee and lack of games I would say he is possibly the worst signing in Aston Villa history as im sure Bosko wasnt on a similar salary to him

Easily the worst in financial terms. I think his quality deserved more games than he did get at Villa because he was hardly a shocking player. He performed well in some of his starts, Chelsea at home last season stands out. The 8 or so games he has played for Villa have been better than the 8 or so games Hutton has played so far for Villa.

I disagree, I think Hutton has been average with a few decent attacking runs. However, the majority if Beye's performances have been bad, imo.

He's dreadful and I would prefer to see ANY of our defenders at right back instead of him.

Â