Habib Beye (left AVFC by Mutual Consent)

VillaRoy

He was on £48k not £40k, so even worse. Thats according to the Midlands writer for The Times. £48 chuckin grand man! What a waste of money. I wish the club just handed out a few quid to every Villa fan as a present instead.

Can I just say he certainly wasn't one of the worst full backs we've had in the last 10 years. He did have some good games for us.

However he's a symbol of the bad points to Mon's management. Why sign a 32 year old on 40k a week when Luke Young was at the club and then it was decided that Cuellar would play most of the season at RB anyway.

Can I just say he certainly wasn't one of the worst full backs we've had in the last 10 years. He did have some good games for us.

However he's a symbol of the bad points to Mon's management. Why sign a 32 year old on 40k a week when Luke Young was at the club and then it was decided that Cuellar would play most of the season at RB anyway.

Indeed best part of 100k a week on 2 RB's over 30 only to play a CB there !!!

Utter madness

Glad he's gone.

However I can't understand why we've waited until the transfer window closed to release him from his contract, with him off the books we could have brought someone else in.

We've had to pay him off.

He's featured in only 9 games since the summer of 2009 for us. I'm convinced the only reason MON signed him was because Hull agreed a fee with Newcastle first much like the deal with Harewood and Wigan. Easiest 40k a week you could earn.

Glad he's gone.

However I can't understand why we've waited until the transfer window closed to release him from his contract, with him off the books we could have brought someone else in.

I think you've answered your own question there.

Glad he's gone, but don't think he's any worse than either of our current full backs.

Great servant of the club, sad to see him go :D

I'd go further. Frankly he's irreplaceable. I second the call for commissioning a statue.

Losing Beye AND Salifou during such a short space of time would be a massive blow to any team, thank god we have McLeish to guide us through these ruff times

Â