Habib Beye (left AVFC by Mutual Consent)

VillaRoy

The fact we have so many stinkers to choose from says a lot about the club in the last 10-15 years.

well they were for us but some of them just didnt work out and went on to be ace for other clubs

milosovic, typically, we sell for £1.5 million or what ever, goes to italy and then gets a £15 million transfer a short time later

ivo stas, well he was great against us and was a captain, getting injured and never playing for us is hardly a bad signing, just a very unlucky player.

it would be the likes of cascarino for me as one of the worst signings, ruined our momentum as we changed the team to accomadate that donkey when we were pushing for the title

collymore, while looking like a dream move, messed up the club also, i like him for all his stupidness, he still bangs on about the villa and makes no excuses for being an out and out villa fan on talk shite every time he is on

balaban i wanted to be good, but after he missed a sitter against man utd and we went on to lose or draw from a winning position he just got worse and that was his debut i think ( not checked and am getting old so memory is not great)

selling david james and getting schmeichel for just 1 year was for me terrible

james had another 5 or 6 years left in him at the top

beye was a horrid signing though, the only good thing about him was his happy days song, and for all its amusement, it was probably not worth the 30 or 40k per week plus transfer fee.

one keeper i wish we hadnt got rid of was sorensen

beye is just the latest of flops we pointlessly signed, and he wont be the last, theres no doubt doing to be more, this club will never learn and move away from buying cr*p

beye, although no fault to him, was never needed, we all know this, so why didnt mon and randy?

Worst signings?

How about Curtis Davies? For the money involved (£8-11m+wages), his sub par performances, his injury record and the fact that he was one of the reasons that MON decided to sell Gary Cahill.

Worst signings?

How about Curtis Davies? For the money involved (£8-11m+wages), his sub par performances, his injury record and the fact that he was one of the reasons that MON decided to sell Gary Cahill.

thats a good shout, curtis davies ( and i wlways said it when we were linked to him, i could never understand why he was so rated having seen him play for the boggies

Â