Irreverentad's Relationship Advice Thread

irreverentad

On ‎17‎/‎01‎/‎2016 at 15:54, Demitri_C said:

I had my first shit test from that indian girl yesterday. She said what time we meeting, i say after villa game. She said come meet me now and im like no way as we discussed footie 1st then date after. She then was like in a joking way so football is more important than me? I was like hell yeah!!  

The she laughed and then asked what time game finished and end of me missing villa game talk.  Be warned men, women do this kind of shit early on to see what they can get away with!

It's not just women!!  I went out with a guy who called me one night to ask if I wanted to go out on the Saturday and I said no because I was going to the Villa and he said pretty much the above - along the lines of so you're saying football is more important than me then? I think the following silence spoke volumes and needless to say the relationship didn't last after that.

• Like 1

17 hours ago, Xela said:

Following on from my post above, I need to get back in the dating game. 

I had kind of closed myself off for a number of years from the world of dating as I kidded myself I was quite happy on my own but that changed when a young lady showed an interest in me a couple of months ago. Suddenly, having a very attractive girl express a desire to know me better, awoke feelings in me that had laid dormant for too long and made me realise I really miss those feelings you get when someone likes you and you really like them back. The excitement of seeing them, getting messages from them and all those things that you feel in the early stages of a prospective romance. Ultimately, nothing really happened as there were too many insurmountable obstacles to overcome, which I won't bore you with, but if I have learned anything from it, it is that I do want to meet someone.

I haven't signed up to a dating site yet but have browsed POF, as you can search on there without registering and I am surprised at the large number of very nice sounding, and looking, single women on there who are fairly local to me, so that gives me hope for the future. 

I get that the odd time and then I remember how much I like my free time.  I'm way too selfish with my time to put my name back in the hat as it were :) And it's not fair to string someone along if you don't want to do the relationship thing properly.  One day I'll miss it and the next day I won't.  Now I'm open to the possibility and if someone comes along and bowls me over then great, but I'm quite content for now and I don't see it changing for the foreseeable.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, BOF said:

I get that the odd time and then I remember how much I like my free time.  I'm way too selfish with my time to put my name back in the hat as it were :) And it's not fair to string someone along if you don't want to do the relationship thing properly.  One day I'll miss it and the next day I won't.  Now I'm open to the possibility and if someone comes along and bowls me over then great, but I'm quite content for now and I don't see it changing for the foreseeable.

Errr, I thought you were married...

7 minutes ago, rjw63 said:

Errr, I thought you were married...

Errr, we need to have a chat about that ...  Your information is, how shall we say, out of date.

I tried POF very, very briefly but was really put off in the first week by the ridiculous messages I received.  Do guys really think a first message saying, 'Hey, do you fancy a shag?' is a good thing? I'm not a particularly great catch but still had a few hundred messages in the first week alone.  Attractive, younger females must get thousands. I just found the whole site a bit tragic to be honest. 

I love the idea of speed dating though so maybe that's something to try in the future.

25 minutes ago, H said:

I tried POF very, very briefly but was really put off in the first week by the ridiculous messages I received.  Do guys really think a first message saying, 'Hey, do you fancy a shag?' is a good thing? I'm not a particularly great catch but still had a few hundred messages in the first week alone.  Attractive, younger females must get thousands. I just found the whole site a bit tragic to be honest. 

I love the idea of speed dating though so maybe that's something to try in the future.

So as a female what would make you reply? a cheeky line, a introduction of himself or a simple line like hey how you doing?

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Demitri_C said:

So as a female what would make you reply? a cheeky line, a introduction of himself or a simple line like hey how you doing?

Definitely not the latter, I'd hate that!  I had many, many messages that simply said 'Hello, how are you' and I ignored them all.  I mean, come on, make a slight effort!

I'm not your normal run of the mill female I don't think so maybe my answer isn't the norm but a cheeky line would probably make me cringe so I'd go for the introduction (if it was of interest) or just something perhaps based on my own profile to show they had actually read it rather than were just contacting every single new female in the area that registers (which does seem to happen!).  So, maybe if I'd mentioned music or football they could comment on that, ask who I supported and who they supported, or what bands they were in to.  The two guys I spoke to most from PoF, the first had started with a conversation about music and that the bands I'd listed sounded like his record collection which appealed to me, and the second was talking about Birmingham and pubs etc in the city centre, asking if they were still any good.  It's pretty basic stuff but I'd much rather that as a conversation starter than 'You look well fit'.

• Like 1

14 hours ago, Stevo985 said:

I tried it once, ironically because I got invited by a girl I wanted to sleep with.

It was at The Vaults in Birmingham.

Maybe it was a one off, but let me tell you, the men there hit the jackpot. There was me and one other guy and we were head and shoulders above everyone there in terms of looks and personality. Seriously. And I'm no oil painting. The other guys there were ugly weirdos.

The girls on the other hand, were smoking. Well, I'd say 12-15 of the 20 there were good looking.

We cleaned up. Unfortunately, I was so intent on bedding the girl I'd been invited by I never followed up any of the other leads :(

Went to the one at the vaults too. Agree with the above :D

On 17 January 2016 at 15:54, Demitri_C said:

I had my first shit test from that indian girl yesterday. She said what time we meeting, i say after villa game. She said come meet me now and im like no way as we discussed footie 1st then date after. She then was like in a joking way so football is more important than me? I was like hell yeah!!  

The she laughed and then asked what time game finished and end of me missing villa game talk.  Be warned men, women do this kind of shit early on to see what they can get away with!

What's the old joke again?

Woman says to husband: "You know, I sometimes think you love the Villa more than me?"

Husband replies: "I love the blues more than I love you."

• Like 1

2 hours ago, H said:

Definitely not the latter, I'd hate that!  I had many, many messages that simply said 'Hello, how are you' and I ignored them all.  I mean, come on, make a slight effort!

I'm not your normal run of the mill female I don't think so maybe my answer isn't the norm but a cheeky line would probably make me cringe so I'd go for the introduction (if it was of interest) or just something perhaps based on my own profile to show they had actually read it rather than were just contacting every single new female in the area that registers (which does seem to happen!).  So, maybe if I'd mentioned music or football they could comment on that, ask who I supported and who they supported, or what bands they were in to.  The two guys I spoke to most from PoF, the first had started with a conversation about music and that the bands I'd listed sounded like his record collection which appealed to me, and the second was talking about Birmingham and pubs etc in the city centre, asking if they were still any good.  It's pretty basic stuff but I'd much rather that as a conversation starter than 'You look well fit'.

Villa Park as a first date?

3 hours ago, H said:

The thing is a lot of men on these sites have either low confidence, no game etc so they probably use that latter approach as they are polite and trying to come across like a an ahole like certain ones do! The man probably instead of thinking he is making no effort feels he has balls for messaging the woman. It goes to show how differently men and women think!

• Like 2

22 hours ago, Demitri_C said:

Mate it's a shame they haven't launched that doubles app yet I think we can make good wingmen for each other :)

Im on pof dont really like it. I find it more weirdos and egos. But yes xela get back in the game.being single is good for a while but I think after that I think you can't beat when you have the thrill of getting to know someone 

A dating doubles app? What's all that about?

My mate recommends Match as a decent site, and he did also say that POF does have a few attention seekers and ego maniacs on there. The best ones are meant to be the paid ones, as that filters the chaff out. 

20 hours ago, Demitri_C said:

I thought about a weekend break away with that girl I'm seeing but just think it's too soon. When does it become not too soon? 6 months onwards? 

I went away with my ex, to Paris, about 8 weeks after our first date. It just felt right and didn't feel too soon at al.

I don't think there is a set time, if it feels right, go for it. 

4 hours ago, BOF said:

I've had enough of the 'me' time now. Been years since I've been involved in what you would call a serious relationship!

4 hours ago, H said:

I do feel sorry for the genuine women on dating sites, like you said, bombarded with messages, and 90% must be just crude messages or a copy and paste generic message. 

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Xela said:

So, my only experience of it was a good one. 

My speed dating was in the upstairs of All Bar One.

See, if my experience was as good as yours, I would have tried my luck at another speed dating night soon after.

I had zero interest in the saliva on my tonsils but it was a worthwhile evening regardless.

5 hours ago, Xela said:

I'm pretty sure she would have had the pleasure of my distinctly average sized penis, thrust erratically inside her for a period of no more than four minutes. 

Also - 

"distinctly average"??? 

"four minutes"???

14-Cruel-Intentions-quotes.gif

• Like 1

14 hours ago, Xela said:

A dating doubles app? What's all that about?

My mate recommends Match as a decent site, and he did also say that POF does have a few attention seekers and ego maniacs on there. The best ones are meant to be the paid ones, as that filters the chaff out. 

On Dragons Den a few weeks ago these two guys came up with a app idea similar to tinder but instead of one person you sign up as doubles (to take away the awkwardness) and you go out as a foursome than a twosome. I actually think that is a really good idea. One of the dragons (I think it was Peter Jones) invested so I would imagine this app will be big in next few years

Â