Irreverentad's Relationship Advice Thread

irreverentad

1 minute ago, Ginko said:

Oh he is, just imagine Xena with a beard, gout in one of her legs and extremely delicate bowels and there you have it:

Xela - Keyboard Warrior Princess.

Its tendonitis not gout! :P

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Xela said:

Some bars have singles nights as well. A female fried of mine went to one the other week at the Velvet Rooms on Broad St and said it was a decent night She's currently seeing a guy she met that night.

Its an alternative to speed dating but I guess still relies on you actually approaching women and speaking, which might not be ideal for shy people. 

They're not always fun. I went to one a few years ago at some fancy bar by the river in Fulham. Initially the odds seemed good but it was cougar-central and I genuinely felt like prey with these 50-yr old women circling , each pass getting closer. I lasted about 40 minutes before it became too unnerving and I bailed. Genuinely terrifying experience.

• Like 1

One thing I'm sure ALL of VT can agree on, is that Xela is just a big silly tit, with absolutely no friends and owns a waifu pillow.

Now let none of us speak of, or to, him again. Then hopefully he will leave and close the door behind him.

• Like 2

On ‎19‎/‎01‎/‎2016 at 17:50, Demitri_C said:

The thing is a lot of men on these sites have either low confidence, no game etc so they probably use that latter approach as they are polite and trying to come across like a an ahole like certain ones do! The man probably instead of thinking he is making no effort feels he has balls for messaging the woman. It goes to show how differently men and women think!

I really don't think that's the case with sites like POF.  You only need to scroll through the profile photos to see that and that goes for the men and the women. 

However, if someone is low on confidence and trying to be polite, that's all very well but you can't possibly think someone is going to reply if you merely say 'Hello'?  You don't need to act like a tit, just ask a question or comment on one of the interests the person you're contacting has.  Men surely are aware that these women are going to get more than one message off many different guys so they're immediately going to be filtered out if their message doesn't actually contain anything.  And if they think the woman is going to respond purely based on their photo and a word, they can't be that low on confidence...

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, PieFacE said:

So generally speaking, how many dates do people go on before they become "exclusive" or whatever you call it... 

Hmm i can only speak from experience and mine is I dont assume we are exclusive until she brings it up in conversation. Therefore I am open to other women until then...I wouldnt bring it up personally as i did once and it backfired as showed I was keen on her and then she had the power as she knew I was interested (waiting for Stevo to tell me to stop over thinking things :P)

I kind of will be in your boat soon as I gather from what the girl i am seeing she really likes me. 

23 hours ago, H said:

I really don't think that's the case with sites like POF.  You only need to scroll through the profile photos to see that and that goes for the men and the women. 

However, if someone is low on confidence and trying to be polite, that's all very well but you can't possibly think someone is going to reply if you merely say 'Hello'?  You don't need to act like a tit, just ask a question or comment on one of the interests the person you're contacting has.  Men surely are aware that these women are going to get more than one message off many different guys so they're immediately going to be filtered out if their message doesn't actually contain anything.  And if they think the woman is going to respond purely based on their photo and a word, they can't be that low on confidence...

But it depends on the profile really, there is a lot of profiles where there is nothing for you to feed on. if a man has low self confidence he will approach it differently to someone who has confidence and understands how to attract women. I am not saying just a "hey" is good not at all. But most people I know who have said something along the lines of "hiya how you doing today" get blanked. Some people find it difficult with the initial first message hence why they send a response like that. Sometimes even when you mention an interest in their profile you still get blanked!! 

Women look at it differently to men, if men get a message from a woman first its like wow she is different she has courage to message me first. But for a woman (probably because they receive a large amount of messages) its like filtering to see which guy sounds different or can handle me. 

• Like 2

22 minutes ago, Demitri_C said:

Hmm i can only speak from experience and mine is I dont assume we are exclusive until she brings it up in conversation. Therefore I am open to other women until then...I wouldnt bring it up personally as i did once and it backfired as showed I was keen on her and then she had the power as she knew I was interested (waiting for Stevo to tell me to stop over thinking things :P)

I kind of will be in your boat soon as I gather from what the girl i am seeing she really likes me. 

Yeah it's an awkward one. Tomorrow will be our 7th date and it just so happens a lot of my friends and family are out drinking together so we're going out with them and doing the whole introducing thing which is a bit nerving.

7 minutes ago, PieFacE said:

Yeah it's an awkward one. Tomorrow will be our 7th date and it just so happens a lot of my friends and family are out drinking together so we're going out with them and doing the whole introducing thing which is a bit nerving.

If she is willing to meet your family then I would say thats a very good sign for you if your happy to get in a relationship with her. A girl who wasn't interested in being gf/bf would be terrified to meet all your friends and family.

Good luck bud

• Like 1

42 minutes ago, PieFacE said:

Well, whether you were planning to or not, you've just pretty much guaranteed that now everyone will assume you're exclusive. 

• Like 2

45 minutes ago, Demitri_C said:

If she is willing to meet your family then I would say thats a very good sign for you if your happy to get in a relationship with her. A girl who wasn't interested in being gf/bf would be terrified to meet all your friends and family.

Good luck bud

Yeah I thought so, she says she's nervous about it but is willing so think that's a good sign. Hope you get your girl to meet the family too :D

Nice one!

10 minutes ago, HanoiVillan said:

Well, whether you were planning to or not, you've just pretty much guaranteed that now everyone will assume you're exclusive. 

Yeah that's okay with me to be fair. I'm not the type of person who's going to date multiple people at once anyway, and I'm pretty sure she's not either so, could be a good thing! 

Â