Irreverentad's Relationship Advice Thread

irreverentad

Stevo is right I think, im gonna give it a week or so to see if she makes an effort to speak to/end it with her friend (it is a childhood friend after all so may be harder to break away from then normal) then if nothing has happened ill tell her where im at and if nothing is gonna change then im buggering off.

Advice required (again)

Met a girl a while ago, knew her ex husband was an abusive word removed, we decided to meet up. Went for drinks, all going well then towards the end she told me she was seeing a guy who was a childhood friend but she "wasn't in to him, he was the first guy that gave me attention following my marriage ending".

She said she really likes me, that the other guy knows she was meeting up with me and she can understand if I want to run a mile etc.... I told her she needs to sort things out that's best for her and to give me a call if she wanted to see me, gave her a kiss, got her on a train then I went home.

She hasn't stopped texting me since so I thought I'm in with a chance but just need to be patient, but this other guy keeps posting on her wall about how they spend all day together and what not and it's driving me mad. She's properly in my head and I really like her, on the other hand I feel sorry for this other chap as he ain't done anything wrong.

All the signs say I should completely back off, leave it and see what happens. How do I get in these situations?

Says a lot about the girl that she spends all these days with the other bloke but texts you all the time. Doesn't sound like girlfriend material to me pal. Sounds like an attention seeker. If she really wasn't into this other bloke she's had binned him off ages ago. Probably the sort of girl who craves constant male attention.

If you do like her, just tell her that what she's doing is not on and not to contact you unless she dumps the other chap. If she can do it to him, she can do it to you further down the line.

Sorry for the harsh words but that's my opinion.

• Like 1

Says a lot about the girl that she spends all these days with the other bloke but texts you all the time. Doesn't sound like girlfriend material to me pal. Sounds like an attention seeker. If she really wasn't into this other bloke she's had binned him off ages ago. Probably the sort of girl who craves constant male attention.

If you do like her, just tell her that what she's doing is not on and not to contact you unless she dumps the other chap. If she can do it to him, she can do it to you further down the line.

Sorry for the harsh words but that's my opinion.

I was basically about to post the above.

Steer well away from people like this, even if it does massage the ego to think that she'd get rid of him to be with you. I've seen this situation several times before and on pretty much every occasion the girl has carried on seeing the same guy behind the new boyfriend's back after she's supposedly finished with him. Even if she didn't what's to stop her doing the same thing to you in a few months time when someone else shows her some attention?

I know what your both saying and don't think I haven't thought she could it to me down the line. Im just gonna back off a bit, still text her back but tone it down a bit and see what happens. Im certainly not going to let other opportunities pass by in the meantime while waiting for her to sort her problems out. Cheers guys :thumb:

Advice required (again)

Met a girl a while ago, knew her ex husband was an abusive word removed, we decided to meet up. Went for drinks, all going well then towards the end she told me she was seeing a guy who was a childhood friend but she "wasn't in to him, he was the first guy that gave me attention following my marriage ending".

She said she really likes me, that the other guy knows she was meeting up with me and she can understand if I want to run a mile etc.... I told her she needs to sort things out that's best for her and to give me a call if she wanted to see me, gave her a kiss, got her on a train then I went home.

She hasn't stopped texting me since so I thought I'm in with a chance but just need to be patient, but this other guy keeps posting on her wall about how they spend all day together and what not and it's driving me mad. She's properly in my head and I really like her, on the other hand I feel sorry for this other chap as he ain't done anything wrong.

All the signs say I should completely back off, leave it and see what happens. How do I get in these situations?

What did the husband do to her, and for how long? her mind might be fragile right now and this might be an explanation for her indecisive behaviour.

She may not be into him but she is out of order for trying to secure another bloke before dumping him and as you say that ain't fair on him. She will only end up doing this to you too mate so avoid and stop massaging her ego as she deserve better.

That poor bugger hasn't got a clue and the fact that she has risked letting you have access to her Facebook page knowing you will see his posts shows just the type of woman she is. Yeh she may be insecure blah blah blah but most women who cheat etc are! Doesn't justify it

• 1 month later...

I really like this girl at work. Now, the fact she has a pulse already puts her well out of my league but the other thing is, she is older than me, not by that much, I'm 22 and I'm guessing that she is in her later 20s, I don't know for certain.

So my question is, would that be considered too much of an age gap? I know women are happy enough with older men but younger seems less common. Still, a lot of people think I'm a lot older than I am thanks to my beard and broken spirit. Maybe I just won't let my age be known B)

Edited by villaajax

I really like this girl at work. Now, the fact she has a pulse already puts her well out of my league but the other thing is, she is older than me, not by that much, I'm 22 and I'm guessing that she is in her later 20s, I don't know for certain.

So my question is, would that be considered too much of an age gap? I know women are happy enough with older men but younger seems less common. Still, a lot of people think I'm a lot older than I am thanks to my beard and broken spirit. Maybe I just won't let my age be known B)

The age gap discussion has been covered well on VT. The final decision has to be yours but the 'half plus 7' rule is not a bad guide, IMO. Age 22 gives you access to a 30 year old (30/2 + 7 = 22). Life is more complex than a formula though!

I used to have "relations" with older women when I were a lad.

When I was 21 I had affairs with ladies aged 36 and 38 (both married, sadly). Although I was imagining if I'd ended up with one of them...they'd be in disabled carteees riding round Asda by now probably

• Like 2

Basically I have been with this girl for nearly 2 months, we bicker quite a bit about things which are apparently "my fault", for example she told me to not talk about Football in front of her when I was talking to her Sister's Bf or her little Brother about Football... (Both who I'm pretty decent mates with)...

Then there's the fact she always wants me to pick her up from College or from her mates... then if I say no she will come out with the "Do you not want to see me" question...

I did find out today that she finds me "boring and always starts arguments... (She had wrote it on a chat message which she added me into, when I asked her later on about it she said she didn't find me boring.....).

Also there's the times where she may be tidying here room or texting (Which is a **** constant :@) I'll go for a cheeky hug or kiss and I basically get told "No Get off me"...

I kinda find all of that frustrating and when I try talking to her about it, it ends up being my fault or like today where she will keep saying "everything's my fault" in a sarcastic manner in front of her mates. I didn't even say it was her fault.....

Rant Over/

What would you guys do in my position?

Btw she's 17 and I'm 20...

Edited by Mattyp_avfc

Â