Irreverentad's Relationship Advice Thread

irreverentad

No 'just met a girl' panic stories or first date shenanigans from me for a change. Things have quietened down for me recently and have had a lovely month and a half just doing things on my own and with friends since splitting with that last nurse, ive caught up with a load of books and films, seeing my mates a lot more, started writing loads again and have enrolled in a writing workshop once a week. For the first time ever I am enjoying single life, I normally spiral into despair and self pity after ending a relationship but this time ive just got on with things.

I think not looking for something to happen all the time with women is helping, not putting any pressure on myself and its making all the difference.

Fairly pointless post I know but thought id contribute something as I haven't for a while.

it depends

if it's a bit of a long shot, you know, some celeb that's never actually met you as she was busy being Miley Cirus, well then it's best not to invest in the ring

if it's a bit more of a sure fire thing, like a preggo ginger, then swing by Elizabeth Duke on your way home with no worries about keeping the receipt

• 2 weeks later...

Advice required (again)

Met a girl a while ago, knew her ex husband was an abusive word removed, we decided to meet up. Went for drinks, all going well then towards the end she told me she was seeing a guy who was a childhood friend but she "wasn't in to him, he was the first guy that gave me attention following my marriage ending".

She said she really likes me, that the other guy knows she was meeting up with me and she can understand if I want to run a mile etc.... I told her she needs to sort things out that's best for her and to give me a call if she wanted to see me, gave her a kiss, got her on a train then I went home.

She hasn't stopped texting me since so I thought I'm in with a chance but just need to be patient, but this other guy keeps posting on her wall about how they spend all day together and what not and it's driving me mad. She's properly in my head and I really like her, on the other hand I feel sorry for this other chap as he ain't done anything wrong.

All the signs say I should completely back off, leave it and see what happens. How do I get in these situations?

Personally, I wouldn't want to be getting involved with something that leaves me wondering what she's up to every 5 minutes. You don't want to be thinking the worst every time it takes her a while to text back, it'd do your head in after a while.

Either that, or see her for a bit then hit her with the ultimatum.

Just speak to her and tell her it's inappropriate to string the other guy along if she's into you.

If she doesn't stop it then tell her to do one.

Or take one of her friends out. If she isn't bothered, forget it.

Â