Irreverentad's Relationship Advice Thread

irreverentad

Just had a mate come round and tell me his missus broke up with him. Been seeing her for 6 years. She is my gfs best mate from school, and I knew her from school as well. They live miles apart.

I didn't know what to say to him, was horrible. He was shaking, completely distraught. I kinda knew something was wrong, because my gf is such good friends with her and they had been speaking, but was still shocked to hear that it had ended.

In the end, I poured him a few drinks, chatted for a bit and then he sorted to go speak to her face to face and sort things out.

One of those situations that there is no script for, it was horrible.

Just had a mate come round and tell me his missus broke up with him. Been seeing her for 6 years. She is my gfs best mate from school, and I knew her from school as well. They live miles apart.

I didn't know what to say to him, was horrible. He was shaking, completely distraught. I kinda knew something was wrong, because my gf is such good friends with her and they had been speaking, but was still shocked to hear that it had ended.

In the end, I poured him a few drinks, chatted for a bit and then he sorted to go speak to her face to face and sort things out.

One of those situations that there is no script for, it was horrible.

I've been there, **** horrible. I've got to be the bearer of the 'break up' speech sometime this weekend and I'm not looking forward to it. I hate making people feel bad and to have to do it face to face is just galling. Urghhh.

Roses are red

You live in care

Now then, now then

Let's see if you've hair.

Straight to hell. I'm done.

To be honest, I'm surprised nobody's used his catchphrase:

Roses are red

Violets are blue

Let's see what Jimmy's

Got for you...

Â