plans for the weeeeekend

leemond2008

I'd struggle to think anywhere could be as bad as here.  There are three "nice" areas to live.  One of them is the most burgled postcode in the UK.

For somewhere so crap, it's a good job the rest of the UK doesn't regularly cream it's pants over it right?

• Like 2

I'd struggle to think anywhere could be as bad as here.  There are three "nice" areas to live.  One of them is the most burgled postcode in the UK.

There is a reason why the majority of footballers and Manchester based 'stars' live across the border in Cheshire! 

You're not kidding!  We lived in Bramhall initially, which was lovely but most folks there were older than us so we moved closer to the city.

When I was a student we were burgled three times and I was mugged at gunpoint in broad daylight on a Saturday.  Within a year of moving back into Manchester we had our shed robbed.  Called the police and they wouldn't come out because it's so frequent they'd never do anything else.

When I left university I always said I'd never come back.  Money talks and bullshit walks, I guess.

You're not kidding!  We lived in Bramhall initially, which was lovely but most folks there were older than us so we moved closer to the city.

So you'd rather live somewhere where you regularly get burgled and mugged at gunpoint, than live in a nice area with some (ugh) older people? 

:detect:

So you'd rather live somewhere where you regularly get burgled and mugged at gunpoint, than live in a nice area with some (ugh) older people? 

:detect:

It was in part taken out of our hands as the landlady wanted to move back into the house.  The older people thing was just we didn't know anyone in the area and we weren't making friends.  When we went out it was either folk in their early 50s or else their late-teen kids.

We had to choose between Manchester or having no friends.

Â