plans for the weeeeekend

leemond2008

While we're dissing Manchester I'd also like to say that Brum city centre is coming on very nicely imo.

Some great pubs too.

The best thing about Birmingham is that it's not Manchester.

• Like 2

You're not kidding!  We lived in Bramhall initially, which was lovely but most folks there were older than us so we moved closer to the city.

When I was a student we were burgled three times and I was mugged at gunpoint in broad daylight on a Saturday.  Within a year of moving back into Manchester we had our shed robbed.  Called the police and they wouldn't come out because it's so frequent they'd never do anything else.

When I left university I always said I'd never come back.  Money talks and bullshit walks, I guess.

I never lived in Manchester itself, but I worked in the city centre for 10 years before moving here, and never experienced or saw the slightest bit of trouble, anywhere.  Not like in Wigan, where King Street was just one mass of brawling, mahogany-tanned slags on a Friday and Saturday night.

Brum > Manchester, just. I do like Manchester though. Parts of it. Bristol weighs in ahead of Worcester and Gloucester but that's not saying much ;)

Outsider view from me is..they are about the same.

Not as nice as Brizzle though

in the travel forum, top 3 places we have visited, I put Bristol in mine, I love that place. 

This weekend we are doing nothing, aside from removing a water tank and heater from my van. I live, I truly live.

• Like 1

Â