plans for the weeeeekend

leemond2008

Be cool Leemond.  You did the right thing. Don't let it get you down.

I don't come to Brum much nowadays but I know to avoid places like the Peg for exactly that reason.  You did the right thing and be proud. 

I wasn't even drinking in the peg I just get my bus from there, it wasn't even the clearing in the woods that I rowed on that annoyed me, it was the genuine lack of concern/care from the other people around.

I keep asking myself what I would have done 4 years ago when I was in town every Friday night, would I have stood and watched would I have looked away would I have intervened? I dunno maybe it's just the fact that I'm a little older.

I just don't know how people can watch it, when I called my dad back he said I was a **** idiot and I could have got myself stabbed, I didn't even think about that at the time but I suppose he is right and that is probably what everyone else was thinking.

Anyway it's **** my night up, I can't unwind and relax at the moment it has realy done my head in

• Like 2

As I say, you've done the right thing.  I know that when (if) I get to be elderly I would hope that people would look after me. Be that friends/family in my day to day life or complete strangers who step in when say, I drop my wallet, or in tonight's case, when some gimp picks on me because he's short of a fix and I'm vulnerable. I just hope that when I'm old I have people like you stepping in. Society is rubbish but you've proved there is hope.  

Now get a beer and chill out. You've earned it.

• Like 1

Cheers man, I came home all geared up to have a few cans and chill out but I just can't seem to relax now, your right though I'm gunna crack a can and try to enjoy the fact that I was right in my assumption that people in general are rocket polishers

• Like 1

I wasn't even drinking in the peg I just get my bus from there, it wasn't even the clearing in the woods that I rowed on that annoyed me, it was the genuine lack of concern/care from the other people around.

I dunno if it's a lack of concern or care perhaps so much as fear.  Without the seeing the situation myself I dunno how I would've acted.  I'd like to think I'd have done what you did, but the reality is that most of the folks looking at their shoes would probably have wanted to help but been scared of getting knocked out or stabbed.

And for my money people wanting to help and being too afraid is worse than not wanting to help at all.

Fair play to you for doing the right thing, and for getting away with it.

• Like 1

Itching to get on the road up to the north, I really like Manchester so happy to be there. Wouldnt want to live there though as when ever I hear a Manchester (or Liverpool for that matter) accent I believe the owner wants to mug me. Cant go up to Bury though until 11 at the earliest though.

Really looking forward to this weekend, combining getting out in the campervan with Eric Church gig. Blinding.

Had a cracking night up manchester the other month, woke up one saturday morning and just thought bugger it let's go up manchester for the day and night, fantastic city centre that puts brum to shame. Ended up on canal street which was a laugh

Â