plans for the weeeeekend

leemond2008

Well obviously I'm back now and it was a great weekend.  But I think it was through more luck than judgement.

And I've since spoke to the stag who's instructions were "drinking and chilling", so it looks like the organiser did follow those instructions.

But I'm of the opinion that if I'm somewhere new for a short period of time, I wanna see everything I possibly can whilst I'm there.

We walked to the Berlin Wall, Checkpoint Charlie, Hitlers Bunker (a car park now), the memorial of dead jews (very sobering), the Brandenburg Gate and up the TV Tower, but I dunno, it seemed a bit meandering.

I'd have gone on a segway tour or something, because they're fun, you see the sights and its a laugh. 

He got lucky.

Also, had a pretty good weekend this week too, had Cricket on Friday, Saturday was quite calm so I spent the day playing with my kid (took him swimming for the first time ever which was funny!) and on Sunday was my first fathers day so I took my old man to the cricket and had a few beers with him in the Hollies stand.

10/10 would definitely have that weekend again.

Edited by lapal_fan
  • Like 1

But I'm of the opinion that if I'm somewhere new for a short period of time, I wanna see everything I possibly can whilst I'm there.

We walked to the Berlin Wall, Checkpoint Charlie, Hitlers Bunker (a car park now), the memorial of dead jews (very sobering), the Brandenburg Gate and up the TV Tower, but I dunno, it seemed a bit meandering.

Sounds like a good weekend. We saw the location of Hitler's Bunker as well when we went, although as you say, its a residential car park now for a block of flats. 

Some great sights in Berlin. Plus the beer's not bad either. 

• Like 1

i'll buy you a pint one day if you wear a certain red and white striped shirt.

I'd be lynched the moment I stepped out onto the street.  I'll pass thanks :)

Nobody likes Stoke tbf.

• Like 1

Tomorrow is mine and the good lady wife's annual trip to the 'Step back to 40's' exhibition at Highley Station (part of the Severn Valley). Always an enjoyable day out, people always put a lot of effort into the costumes etc and if you like your war memorabilia (as I do) then they have some great military vehicle displays. They do battle re-enactments too, which are always pretty well done - this year is an attack on a train by Allied Paratroopers. 

As the missus is a photographer she absolutely loves it there and always gets some great shots.

high2.jpg

high1.jpg

• Like 3

I wasn't going to bother having a drink tonight because I had a decent whack of it last night before we went to the cinema but as the day has progressed I find myself pondering over the possibility of 8 cans of Stella and a drop of rum.

So with that in mind it'll be cans and curry tonight

Tomorrow will be reading game of thrones

Sunday will be finishing orange is the new black and thinking about dinner

moving house - the annual move. bored of this now, still should be where I move to for at least a couple of years assuming the landlord doesn't take the piss with the rent next year.

Got so used to packing light, have eviscerated my library :(

One day I will buy it all back... one day.

On the plus side was given some Jamesons for no particular reason by a mutual friend, so I shall at least enjoy some whiskey this evening.

I wasn't going to bother having a drink tonight because I had a decent whack of it last night before we went to the cinema but as the day has progressed I find myself pondering over the possibility of 8 cans of Stella and a drop of rum.

Drinking before the cinema would be an ultimate no no for me. I'd miss half the film going to the bog.

• Like 1

Drinking before the cinema would be an ultimate no no for me. I'd miss half the film going to the bog.

If I go to the cinema, I'm nil by mouth for about 6 hours before. Once sip of water and i'll be pissing like a dray horse through the film. 

Edited by Xela

Â