The, he's finally GONE! Tell us your thoughts Thread

Richard

Do you THINK McLeish will be gone by next season?  

370 members have voted

1. 1. Do you THINK McLeish will be gone by next season?

• Yes I think he will
    • No I think he will be here

I think people are getting a little complacent. We don't know that he's going yet.

ah we do

the club statement was a close to writing "the manager is gone after the norwich game" as they could get without saying it. from a communications and pr standpoint, which ive got lots of experience with, it was as clear as it gets

What was the statement again?

• Replies 17.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think people are getting a little complacent. We don't know that he's going yet.

Forget him. Forget about McLeish for these next two games, just like we did today.

Lerner is fully aware how much we hate him, so much so that AMC couldn't even bare to be on the touchline today. But we can't do any more, if Lerner sacks him, he sacks him. We don't have the final say, ultimately.

Our energy should be going into urging people to make Villa Park an intimidating and supportive atmosphere on Sunday, nothing else. That's the only thing that will keep us in this league, the fans, and a bit of luck.

I admire your optimism. sad thing is that even if we make a supportive and intimidating atmosphere you know full well mcleish will start with 6 defenders in the line up so its totally pointless. back foot football at its worst.

Spot on post VillaandLoyal and I certainly haven't seen Villa play defensive football the last few games. Nervous lacking confidence style of play sometimes, but no way defensive.

Forget protests till after the next two games......

Surely it would do more for Lerner to show him what a disastrous commercial decision, let alone any other reasons, he made in appointing McLeish in the first place - by getting as many bums on seats as possible down B6 next Sunday.

The at times poisonous atmosphere at VP this season has IMHO had a bearing on results at home and it needs to change for the next game BIG TIME.

Never mind sending out more messages of protest and statements bla bla bla.... Leave it alone till the end of the season.....

Surely a rallying call to everyone to fill Villa Park to the rafters and give the team 110% of our support for the last home game of the season is what's required!

All we need is three points next Sunday and we should be home and dry.

For goodness sake everyone - stop moaning and show Lerner just what his club has been missing all season!

There should be protests before the game and after the final whistle.

A villa fan phoned up Tom Ross today, said how furious he was tuesday but he'd now calmed down and went on to start making excuses for mcleish.

My worry is this pathetic acceptance will be shown by a lot of fans if we survive and Lerner will stick with him to save money.

We need to make it clear how much we want him gone apart from the 90 minutes of play.

Either the club and Mcleish are playing the ultimate mind games with the statement and interviews or he is gone after the norwich game.

If the match is still poised say 0-0 1-0 - i can't imagine there being any anti mcleish chants. - If we are 3-0 down with 15 to go there will be.

I don't think the Mcleish out leaflets will achieve the high visual effect that the £ protests did a few years back. But if people hold up these signs - I can't really see that affecting the players - much depends how the game pans out.

Ive been going down the villa 40 years. I can't remember a chant about a manager - while the game is still there to be won. Villa will get behind the team v spurs I am sure.....only if it goes awry will mcleish get it in the neck.

If we could get 37,000+ in VP on Sunday that would be great

If we could fill Villa Park full stop - that would be even better.

Maybe Lerner and PF need to see EXACTLY what their decision to go against the fans wishes last Summer has cost them all season.

If he hasn't walked, and they haven't sacked him - protest. Simple. I genuinely don't believe anything can make our home form any worse than it has been already this season. An ambiguous statement shouldn't be enough to stop people voicing their concerns again, because there's still the chance they could decide to keep him, and another season with McLeish would drag our club further into the mire.

If we could get 37,000+ in VP on Sunday that would be great

If we could fill Villa Park full stop - that would be even better.

Maybe Lerner and PF need to see EXACTLY what their decision to go against the fans wishes last Summer has cost them all season.

Whilst that would be brilliant and I'd love to see it, sadly i don't think it's realistic. Too many people have stayed away because of AM and the shite football all season and won't feel the desire to go to VP. However 37,000 is a bit more realistic. We haven't had 42K in a while.

Whilst that would be brilliant and I'd love to see it, sadly i don't think it's realistic. Too many people have stayed away because of AM and the shite football all season and won't feel the desire to go to VP. However 37,000 is a bit more realistic. We haven't had 42K in a while.

Maybe as a woman I see it different... but if I wanted to box clever with Randy Lerner and the board maybe we should issue an open letter to them stating that the fans are intending to fill the stadium for next Sunday's last home game of the season to show them what they've been missing.

I feel sorry for McLeish and I do not agree with the personal abuse..it's just not right...however he simply doesn't seem to be able to motivate players - today's commentator remarked how he'd watched Blues final game of last season and they hardly played like a team fighting relegation, so he wasn't surprised to see them seal their fate. That's certainly not a good reference - At times particularly at Spurs earlier this year, it was just awful to watch - not an ounce of fight in them at all.

Wake up! The man is a genius! He uses reverse psychology, We need to win at Albion, so...

He picked 7 defenders, 2 forwards and Heskey?

So simple stats, 10 out field players, 7 defenders, 70% defensive & no midfield supply!

But if needed, he had Ireland on the bench, so if we had to hold onto a lead later in the game he can come on!

This guy is a clown!

Do you remember the blues last match in prem, away at Spurs. The game was close to the ends, someone scored in another game(wolves?), (blues are now going down) the commentator says" I don't think Birmingham know they need to score to stay up". Spurs score and it's lost in history, but it's stuck with me... He just doesn't know what's going on around him!

Please don't let the door hit you on the way out!

Discussing why he stayed in the dugout during the Baggies game McLeish said:

“It just didn’t seem appropriate, the players don’t want to hear us screaming, ranting and raving"

WTF.... he and Grant have screamed, ranted and raved all f****g season! I have watched them all season and it has been obvious from the players reactions "alll season" that they have wanted them to shut the *** up!

McLeish is pathetic and must go NOW!!!

" we have two games left.If we win both of those that's 6 points."

er what?

do you even look at the form table you Ginger sweaty butt nugget?

we have won 7 times in 36 and 1 in the last 15....

but obviously your dinosaur tactics are gonna sail us to 6 easy points in the last 2 games...

idiot

Still very scared that he is going to be here next season.

!!

I don't think so, he will resign after the Norwich game either way, either having kept us up or not

I think fans can relax and cut out the personal abuse which is unwarranted and undermines the fans of AVFC

The point has been made, the manager himself wants out now which is not helpful in our predicament

!!

I don't think so, he will resign after the Norwich game either way, either having kept us up or not

I think fans can relax and cut out the personal abuse which is unwarranted and undermines the fans of AVFC

The point has been made, the manager himself wants out now which is not helpful in our predicament

?

personal abuse?

you are kidding right?

the shitty ginger gibbon has brought aston villa and its 100's of thousands of fans to thier knees in less than 1 season and you think there is no need for name calling?

some name calling, describing what a shower of **** shit he is as a human and as a manager and you think their is no need for it?

oh my

harold shipman was misunderstood was he?

just kept misdiagnosing people did he?

several millions of pounds lost, hundreds of thousands of peoples whole season totally **** ruined, the name of our great club discarded in a field of dog shit all thanks to the ginger pockmark faced gibbon and you think there is no need to call him names?

pffffffffffffffffft

he is a puke of a human

He looked like a broken man yesterday

Let's just back them all now last 2 games and we as fans can come out of this with some credibility

There's no doubt in my mind he's off at the end of the season, his demeanour has changed completely since Tuesday.

http://www.birminghammail.net/birmingham-sport/aston-villa-fc/aston-villa-news/2012/04/28/aston-villa-alex-mcleish-on-richard-dunne-return-a-point-gained-and-staying-seated-in-the-dugout-97319-30861118/#ixzz1tMeyK6TC

Cant get over what he said in this saying "it was a chore trying to get past Peter Grant so I just let him stay out there and pass the messages on" sooner he **** off the better

Ha, so much for him being a genuine hard working bloke.

He's a **** prick.

He's been called many things but one that he certainly should be called is a coward. Not getting out of the dugout was purely to avoid the stick he would get. On top of that his team selection was hardly brave either, the same as it hasn't been all season!!

!!

?

personal abuse?

you are kidding right?

the shitty ginger gibbon has brought aston villa and its 100's of thousands of fans to thier knees in less than 1 season and you think there is no need for name calling?

some name calling, describing what a shower of **** shit he is as a human and as a manager and you think their is no need for it?

oh my

harold shipman was misunderstood was he?

just kept misdiagnosing people did he?

several millions of pounds lost, hundreds of thousands of peoples whole season totally **** ruined, the name of our great club discarded in a field of dog shit all thanks to the ginger pockmark faced gibbon and you think there is no need to call him names?

pffffffffffffffffft

he is a puke of a human

So, what im getting from this is that you are a big fan of Eck? :winkold:

Â