The, he's finally GONE! Tell us your thoughts Thread

Richard

Do you THINK McLeish will be gone by next season?  

370 members have voted

1. 1. Do you THINK McLeish will be gone by next season?

• Yes I think he will
    • No I think he will be here

• Replies 17.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What if the abuse has gotten to him that much that he now couldn't give a shit whether he keeps us up or not? Think about it. Houllier was given a longer contract and a bigger transfer budget so maybe McLeish is looking at this on a whole and concluding for himself that Lerner hadn't got too much faith in him anyway, seeing that he only gave him a 2 year deal.

He probably already knows he will be gone at the end of the season so why worry about keeping us up? Let's face it, he has been relegated before and still managed to get a top job. Even if he went for another job after taking us down he would still have all his old pals backing him with references stating how he had to lower the wage bill, play the kids, deal with countless injuries blah, blah, blah!

The man could right now be plotting a way to actually lose those last 2 games just to spite us for all the abuse. For me, that is the very reason Lerner should sack him NOW!!

McLeish will certainly be able to dispel the rumours of being a negative manager if/when he's given the boot. After yesterdays results not only are we still on 7 wins all season but now we are the 2nd lowest scorers in the Premier League this season. Amazing.

Go Holland.

I also thought there was something different about his body language when interviewed yesterday, like a rat being backed into a very tight corner. The comparison between him and Martinez, whose rallying upbeat style belies his teams equally precarious position, was marked. Yes, he was still giving us the same old waffle, but he looks defeated, resigned (for want of a better word) so maybe he does know something the rest of us have only speculated about for days?

We can but hope.

What if the abuse has gotten to him that much that he now couldn't give a shit whether he keeps us up or not? Think about it. Houllier was given a longer contract and a bigger transfer budget so maybe McLeish is looking at this on a whole and concluding for himself that Lerner hadn't got too much faith in him anyway, seeing that he only gave him a 2 year deal.

He probably already knows he will be gone at the end of the season so why worry about keeping us up? Let's face it, he has been relegated before and still managed to get a top job. Even if he went for another job after taking us down he would still have all his old pals backing him with references stating how he had to lower the wage bill, play the kids, deal with countless injuries blah, blah, blah!

The man could right now be plotting a way to actually lose those last 2 games just to spite us for all the abuse. For me, that is the very reason Lerner should sack him NOW!!

You are crediting him with too much intillengence.I mean stand back and look at what he has done ?

He has not taken a team with bad players down ( like in Wolves case, they are 98% Championship players ) he has taken a team with players capable of finishing mid table down ? that says it all.What I am trying to say is that anyone can take Celtic to the top 2 in Scotland, anyone can take Wolves down in the Premier League BUT it takes a very special Idiot to take a team with decent players down.This C#%t could take Barcelona down in 3-4 seasons.

Why do people keep going on about personally abuse? Seriously what on earth are you talking about?

He was told by several thousand people at Villa Park to "**** off" which isn't really much different to singing that they want him sacked. Its hardly personal abuse.

Its not like there are media reports of people outside his house, abusing him in the streets or throwing stuff at him at games. Sure people call him a few names on the internet on sites he will likely never visit but that is about it.

All this talk about him getting personal abuse is completely over the top and inaccurate not to mention extremely over sensitive.

The man could right now be plotting a way to actually lose those last 2 games just to spite us for all the abuse.

How could you tell the difference from the rest of the season?

Only 6 defenders on the pitch?

Hutton Cuellar Dunne Lichaj Warnock Clark Herd (is originally a defender converted to DM)

His attitude has changed,hand over the camera & sat in the dugout hidden away,I reckon the abuse has hurt him and his family and he has had enough,his pride will get him to see out the season then mutually agree to leave.

The man could right now be plotting a way to actually lose those last 2 games just to spite us for all the abuse.

Hutton Cuellar Dunne Lichaj Warnock Clark Herd (is originally a defender converted to DM)

It was a joke, 'how could you tell the difference?' - 'only 6 defenders'

You beat me to it Trent! Put yourself in his shoes right now and you would probably be thinking "**** 'em. I'll show the bastards what life is like in the Championship for their City rivals!" I seriously do think he could be thinking that way. Every pundit and news article goes on about his lack of funds, poor injury record, lowering of the wage bill, what a great job he is doing etc. He must look at that and think "I can't see another relegation counting against me if all these things are taken into consideration".

Sack him Randy and make it quick!!

Trent, I want Mc Leish out like all of you and he had stick coming to him deservingly so, but Tuesday night would not have been nice for him & more so though his wife & son which I reckon is the crux for him.

His attitude has changed,hand over the camera & sat in the dugout hidden away,I reckon the abuse has hurt him and his family and he has had enough,his pride will get him to see out the season then mutually agree to leave.

Maybe so mate but the question is; which league will Villa be playing in next season?

Why do people keep going on about personally abuse? Seriously what on earth are you talking about?

He was told by several thousand people at Villa Park to "**** off" .

What ? Where have you been? It's personal abuse, it's disgusting, it smears the name of all Aston Villa supporters. I want nothing to do with personally abusing the man, hence why I walked out in disgust on the 87th minute on Tuesday night

It affects the players too, did you not consider this ????

Gabby said after Wigan the chants of personal abuse to McLeish affected their performance from 60 mins onwards

There is no place for it

hahahaha... it's not that bad at all! It's not even personal abuse, we're just stating we want him sacked.

It's nothing personal against him, it's just that he's a crap manager and we don't want him here...

He was told by several thousand people at Villa Park to "**** off" .

What ? Where have you been? It's personal abuse, it's disgusting, it smears the name of all Aston Villa supporters. I want nothing to do with personally abusing the man, hence why I walked out in disgust on the 87th minute on Tuesday night

It affects the players too, did you not consider this ????

Gabby said after Wigan the chants of personal abuse to McLeish affected their performance from 60 mins onwards

There is no place for it

Well, if you'd stayed you'd have heard that sack Mcleish m'lord was sung a lot more loudly and vociferously and by a lot more people, than **** off Mcleish was.

Â