The, he's finally GONE! Tell us your thoughts Thread

Richard

Do you THINK McLeish will be gone by next season?  

370 members have voted

1. 1. Do you THINK McLeish will be gone by next season?

• Yes I think he will
    • No I think he will be here

Before he came to us, I had an image of a reasonably plucky but basically downtrodden loser. Not I just think of him as a broken man trying to justify an untenable position. If he doesn't have the decency to jump before he is pushed, then my opinion will go down even further. Worst manager I can remember at Villa. Can't think of many more disastrous tenures in the premiership. Can't wait for him to leave.

I made it 7 defenders in the starting line up yesterday (if you count Herd as originally a full back).

• Replies 17.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This is what I mean. No matter how many lies he tells you can always just wave it away and call it delusion.

i just don't understand how you genuinely believe the guy is knowingly lying about all this stuff, in the media, in front of millions of fans, and then probably cackling and rubbing his hands thinking "another fiendish lie told to those dirty villa fans"

he's not a **** pantomime villain

I never said anything about him cackling and rubbing hands, I just said that he lies.

I've never seen any of our defenders turn to Given and bollock him for hoofing it up to Heskey, nor have I ever seen any of our midfielders turn to Warnock or Collins and demand the ball and give out to them when they inevitably hoof it up the pitch again. That suggests to me that they're perfectly happy to do i. So either they've disobeyed McLeish for 36 matches so far or else it's what McLeish instructs them to do.

I made it 7 defenders in the starting line up yesterday (if you count Herd as originally a full back).

He wasn't originally a fullback though, he was just crowbarred into that position when we were hopelessly short. He is (and always has been) a midfield player.

This is what I mean. No matter how many lies he tells you can always just wave it away and call it delusion.

i just don't understand how you genuinely believe the guy is knowingly lying about all this stuff, in the media, in front of millions of fans, and then probably cackling and rubbing his hands thinking "another fiendish lie told to those dirty villa fans"

I never said anything about him cackling and rubbing hands, I just said that he lies.

what purpose do you reckon these "lies" serve in his mind?

I do think a major problem with our team, and it has been for years (even under MON) is a total lack of movement. We really need a coach to come in and coach the players at a really basic level of moving the ball in triangles.... we look clueless going forward 'cos everyone is just stood still. Nobody makes intelligent runs to open up defenses. Even on throw-ins everyone just stands there... it really is terrible.

Spot on, often accompanied by an over hit pass or shit first touch. This is why I'd like to see Martinez or Poyet as they'd address this issue more than Lambert (although I may be doing him a disservice there).

Given needs to change if we have a new manager. Not disrespecting him he is great shot stopper, but his kicks never seem to reach a player and his commanding of his area is diabolical at times, a reason we let so many in at set pieces. Not sure this is a McLeish tactic or weather this is a negative of Given.

Given needs to change if we have a new manager. Not disrespecting him he is great shot stopper, but his kicks never seem to reach a player and his commanding of his area is diabolical at times, a reason we let so many in at set pieces. Not sure this is a McLeish tactic or weather this is a negative of Given.

Given has always been like it tbf, the only reason he hasn't played for one of the big clubs IMO.

You'll have to ask him that.

so you genuinely believe that he's intentionally lying to people via the media, rather than just believing he's a bit of a clown who doesn't know how to do his job properly?

so you genuinely believe that he's intentionally lying to people via the media, rather than just believing he's a bit of a clown who doesn't know how to do his job properly?

I think it's a bit of both.

Thought that myself 'Mantis' but watching today's game reminded me too much of our team and it completely shocked me as to how poor QPR were.

If they go down and we stay up i don't think i'd be touching any of their players either.

Â