The, he's finally GONE! Tell us your thoughts Thread

Richard

Do you THINK McLeish will be gone by next season?  

370 members have voted

1. 1. Do you THINK McLeish will be gone by next season?

• Yes I think he will
    • No I think he will be here

• Replies 17.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

He's not a nice bloke. He's self serving and he's a liar.

I'm sick to the teeth of hearing that he's a nice bloke. Is there a single shred of evidence for this?

Exactly.

How is he a nice bloke? Not all managers have the nice guy tag, so what has McLeish done to earn this tag in the first place?

he is horrible, stuborn, pig ignorant and a bully and grant is along the similar lines hence the reason many 1st team players dislike them. they had the same problem at blues as quite a few of their players thought the same thing.

nice guy my arse

He deserves to go.

But it's a Shame to see him sit down for the whole game in fear of getting abuse.

Agree, it shouldn't have come to this, and you thank Lerner for that

He's in the wrong business if he can't take a bit of stick. He's been given a fair crack of the whip IMO and hasn't done anything to convince me and many others that he is good enough. I'll be extremely surprised if he manages another premier league club.

I really don't care if he is a nice bloke or not, the negativeness he's brought both on and off the pitch deserves abuse, maybe the target should be at Falkener and Lerner but my skin would be think enough to take it for £2 million a year, so he's should be.

The protest against Mcleish must still go ahead at the Spurs game. The Birmingham Mail and the local radio, whilst they have now realised that McLeish is a hopeless manager and are openly criticising him, are stating that the protest must be delayed until after we are safe and that the fans must get behind the team.

I am sick and tired of repeating myself when I say that the fans have been behind the team all season at every game.

If we wait until after the Spurs game, or after the Norwich game if results don't go our way, then any chance to protest against McLeish will be lost as we will have no opportunity after 6th May to get 30,000+ fans at VP at the same time and maybe McLeish knows this and is hoping that our fate will be in the balance until the Norwich game.

They've got it. We MUST ensure premier league survival, first and foremost.

I'm sorry, but you guys left it waaaaay too late. We've passed the event horizon.

Besides, they're not going to remove him with one game left and does anybody honestly believe he's not gone already? Seriously.

I don't think for one minute they will remove him with one league game left.

Please tell me how we, and I mean 'we the fans', can ENSURE Premier League survival.

I can't imagine a protest will create anything but a negative atmosphere. How will that help matters on the pitch? What exactly do you hope to achieve? Have you had your head buried in the sand this past week? Stick a fork in the bloke, he's done.

Hey listen mate, I **** hate the word removed. I also love Aston Villa being a premier club. So we must do what we can to gee them up towards that because as we well know the manager isnt up to it.

It's just too late mate. Send the flyers back, put the paint away. We won.

Did you go to university to learn how to be an insulting sarcastic prick or did you inherit from your parents?

It's a gift I have aquired after many years of following the Villa. I was trying to be condescending rather than sarcastic mind. Need to brush up.

Which bit offended you most? The questions? It's usualy the questions people don't like.

(better?)

Pacbuddies, learn to have a bit of respect.

You clearly weren't at the game today were you? Our away fans were incredible today - absolutely amazing. There were so many times we could have "turned" on the team and McLeish as, let's be honest, we are so dire at the moment. But, all game, for 90 minutes, we supported the team and literally roared them on to get something out of the game.

Alex McLeish is quite clearly going in the summer, if not before, that is patently obvious. Dont_do_it_Doug is exactly right when he says - protesting now is just far too late - it should have been done months ago.

Instead of putting your energy into urging people to attend a protest before the game - which will change nothing as he's leaving anyway - why not urge every Villa fan going to stand and sing for 90 minutes? That would have a far greater impact on the Club's fight against relegation.

Everyone shares your views about the manager, but protesting now is far, far too late. A protest should have been organised long ago. We now have two matches to save our Premier League status, and we need today's support at the Tesco Arena replicated at Villa Park, where the most negativity usually is.

When the going gets tough, the Villa stick together and support the team.

By the way I think the protest is also futile, maybe Tuesday was a necessary evil, but we need to support the team because survival is without doubt the most important thing.

Him not getting his arse out the dugout today must indicate he's off. It's just not his style while fighting a relegation battle. Having said that I don't trust those doing the firing.

I think people are getting a little complacent. We don't know that he's going yet.

Forget him. Forget about McLeish for these next two games, just like we did today.

Lerner is fully aware how much we hate him, so much so that AMC couldn't even bare to be on the touchline today. But we can't do any more, if Lerner sacks him, he sacks him. We don't have the final say, ultimately.

Our energy should be going into urging people to make Villa Park an intimidating and supportive atmosphere on Sunday, nothing else. That's the only thing that will keep us in this league, the fans, and a bit of luck.

I think people are getting a little complacent. We don't know that he's going yet.

Forget him. Forget about McLeish for these next two games, just like we did today.

Lerner is fully aware how much we hate him, so much so that AMC couldn't even bare to be on the touchline today. But we can't do any more, if Lerner sacks him, he sacks him. We don't have the final say, ultimately.

Our energy should be going into urging people to make Villa Park an intimidating and supportive atmosphere on Sunday, nothing else. That's the only thing that will keep us in this league, the fans, and a bit of luck.

I admire your optimism. sad thing is that even if we make a supportive and intimidating atmosphere you know full well mcleish will start with 6 defenders in the line up so its totally pointless. back foot football at its worst.

Of course, but I don't see why we can't protest against McLeish as well.

Yes, you're right, he probably will but that's all the more reason why we need to give them a lift. Not start hearing the negative mutterings as soon as the team sheet is released.

I'm one of the most negative and pessimistic posters on here, quite possibly, but it's back to the wall time now and we HAVE to rally together. The players were visibly boosted by the support today and, whilst they were still god awful, and a shadow of the team from a couple of seasons ago, they all dug in and gave 100 per cent.

If the atmosphere at Villa Park is as usual on Sunday it could get messy. Spurs are a cracking side, off form or not, and we need to actually take note of that banner on the front of the Holte End and BE the 12th man, instead of moaning about the manager. The Club is far more important than the cretins currently trying to destroy it (McLeish and Lerner).

ah we do

the club statement was a close to writing "the manager is gone after the norwich game" as they could get without saying it. from a communications and pr standpoint, which ive got lots of experience with, it was as clear as it gets

The team have won just one of the last 14 games,we play dire football we are in relegation trouble,he is the Manager he is paid £2 million a year,he carries the can like all Managers do, the sooner he goes the better for all round.

The record speaks for itself he is not hard done by,he has been the wrong fit for Aston Villa.

Of course, but I don't see why we can't protest against McLeish as well.

Atmosphere created will not be conducive to helping the team. I've never been a big proponant of the "12th man" effect, but at this point we need all the help we can get.

Besides, reading the players twitters this evening they seem to be of the view that it was a great help. Imagine how shit they would be without us.

There should be protests before the game and after the final whistle.

A villa fan phoned up Tom Ross today, said how furious he was tuesday but he'd now calmed down and went on to start making excuses for mcleish.

My worry is this pathetic acceptance will be shown by a lot of fans if we survive and Lerner will stick with him to save money.

We need to make it clear how much we want him gone apart from the 90 minutes of play.

Â