The, he's finally GONE! Tell us your thoughts Thread

Richard

Do you THINK McLeish will be gone by next season?  

370 members have voted

1. 1. Do you THINK McLeish will be gone by next season?

• Yes I think he will
    • No I think he will be here

Yes Heskey won a lot of flick on's but they are absolutely pointless the same as they have been throughout his time at the club and I'd imagine throughout most of his career.

He just aimlessly flicks them on without any thought or care if anyone is even remotely close to him.

Flicking the ball on, falling over and opting to do anything other than shoot seem to be the extent of his abilities.

• Replies 17.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

abilities you want in an attacking midfielder are good passing, good ball control and technique, a football brain and decent shooting ability. heskey has literally none of these, he infact has the complete opposite of them.

but i guess when the managers main tactics are for collins to hoof it up the pitch it is an advantage to have a big tall man up there.

Watching Liverplop v Citeh at the minute and it makes Swansea v Villa look like a pub team fixture on a parks pitch!

yes but considering Liverpool and City have probably spent 10 times more than us in last few seasons and 100 times more than Swnasea. Its expected

i'm not sure about some of this.

I didn't want McLeish and I would prefer another manager, BUT

a)fixtures whatever they have been, we are in a position in the table where everyone but newcastle is a team that we SHOULD be below.

b)anti-football or not, we haven't got beat very often

c)the reason why our team aren't playing like they were a few years ago has more to do with the quality of our squad than the manager. Does anyone really think that Mcleish is so negative that a midfield of Young, Milner, Barry and Downing wouldn't get a kick under him? come on. McLeish may have not fancied Makoun and maybe bannan, albrighton etc should play more - BUT he doesn't really have the options that Martin O'Neill had.

Things aren't going to change until he pulls Heskey out of the team. I'm not blaming him for our woes but he is the square peg in the round hole.

Either play him up top with Bent or drop him. He isn't going to play the important passes we need to win games. He flicks balls on well but we are so far away from Bent when he manages to hold onto the ball we just lose possession.

Most of our players aren't even looking to recieve a pass because they are just expecting the hump up field. Bring in Jenas or Bannan for Heskey and Albrighton for N'Zog and we are going in the right direction.

More work is needed at the training ground sadly. I wonder what GC thinks about Villa's wonderful passing game. :?

Watching Liverplop v Citeh at the minute and it makes Swansea v Villa look like a pub team fixture on a parks pitch!

yes but considering Liverpool and City have probably spent 10 times more than us in last few seasons and 100 times more than Swnasea. Its expected

I think you will find that Villa are one of the biggest spenders in the PL over the past 5 years. The point is that we have gone backwards while Liverplop and Citeh have gone forwards and left us behind.

Just watched McClowns postmatch interview

utter moron.

We really have a turd of a manager.

He should be nowhere near a Premiership club.

Out of interest is your random reference to Gary Megson a result of you realising you were talking utter shite about Mcliesh being worse than Mick McArthy??

Not that saying hes worse than Gary Megson isnt Utter dog turd either

Just watched McClowns postmatch interview

utter moron.

We really have a turd of a manager.

He should be nowhere near a Premiership club.

Out of interest is your random reference to Gary Megson a result of you realising you were talking utter shite about Mcliesh being worse than Mick McArthy??

Not that saying hes worse than Gary Megson isnt Utter dog turd either

McLeish is much much worse than Mick McCarthy. As last season alone proved.

He is also much worse than Gary Megson in terms of "PRemiership experience" that our board laughably apparently wanted . He is perhaps the most negative manager EVER to manage in Premiership .

You , me & everyone knows how diabolical he is accept our muppet owners who were demented enough to give him the job.

Horrendous to watch this afternoon.

We weren't terrible. I've seen much worse Villa performances down the years and I'm sure there will be many more.

However, I'm absolutely convinced, even without seeing his post match interview, that our manager will be absolutely delighted with the performance and the result. The result itself isn't particularly bad, it's the way in which it was achieved. Dour, turgid, uninspiring football interspersed with moments of brilliance from a genuinely top class talent, followed by more dour, turgid shite. Thank god for Agbonlahor, it's a crying shame that his peak will be wasted to a degree.

Given that it's more or less December now, is it fair that I've given McLeish a fair crack of the whip? The premise was that with a better set of players (and we do have some talent at the club) he would play a better brand of football. Words straight from the horses mouth. I think it's fairly clear that isn't going to happen.

I preferred that **** clown Houllier, at least the football was at times progressive. 8th place or not, simply not good enough for me. Never will be.

Let's move on.

Â