The, he's finally GONE! Tell us your thoughts Thread

Richard

Do you THINK McLeish will be gone by next season?  

370 members have voted

1. 1. Do you THINK McLeish will be gone by next season?

• Yes I think he will
    • No I think he will be here

I agree totally.

Lerner's appointment of Houllier was a disaster. There were times where the football was atrocious. Then when he was took ill, he took the club to the cleaners. The only thing good that came out of the Houllier era was the signing of Darren Bent who ultimately kept us up with his goals.

Its a tricky one to see how McLeish would improve this squad. I said a few pages back that we are unlikely to bring in any 'marquee' signings. The Holman signing is a sign of things to come I believe.

Add a few midfield 'cloggers' and the signings of Johnson and Dann, and I think that will be our team next year.

We already feel like the Scum of last year surely even this stupid coward of a "manager" can't think that by buying the same players who relegated the Scum Villa would fair any better.

What am I thinking this coward doesn't know what to think.

BTW Czechlad I'm with you as I have a lot of faith in these lads coming through but I have zero in the manager or (apart from Given and Bent) any faith in any of the more experienced members of the squad as they are useless, this includes Gabby.

• Replies 17.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If his integrity is intact, which may well be doubtful... although I haven't followed matters closely since he left. Maybe John Gregory would be good to have at the club as a footballing brain to assist in running the club.

It was a good time to be a Villa fan under Gregs - never a dull moment and he had the winning mentality.

Didn't handle the Stan Collymore situation very well though!

You can tell from his tweets he still loves all things Villa.

I'm not sure if charges were brought against him or dropped but he seems to have lost much of his charisma and confidence and perhaps some of his refreshing hunger and ambition

Not sure if any of you listened to the phone in on Gold tonight.

Tom Ross said that he has been told by Falkner that McLeish is here for the long term, and will be backed in the Summer by Lerner to build his team.

My prediction is we will finish next year around 12th/13th and the board will tell us they were right to stick with him as this is an improvement.
You're a lot more optimistic for next season than me. It looks like two of the promoted teams will finish above us this season. If that happens next season I have no doubt we'll be relegated.

You can tell from his tweets he still loves all things Villa.

Yep... Someone asked for his honest opinion of McLeish his response: 'Sorry, can't answer that as I'm a member of the LMA...'

Not sure if any of you listened to the phone in on Gold tonight.

Tom Ross said that he has been told by Falkner that McLeish is here for the long term, and will be backed in the Summer by Lerner to build his team.

My prediction is we will finish next year around 12th/13th and the board will tell us they were right to stick with him as this is an improvement.
You're a lot more optimistic for next season than me. It looks like two of the promoted teams will finish above us this season. If that happens next season I have no doubt we'll be relegated.

i dont think the club realise the potential long term damage keeping him here is doing, we are losing fans by thousands everygame, under DOl at lest we would get 33-36k through the gates, if that stoke game is a predictor of the future, were heading for gates of less than 30k, thats an shit load of lost revenue.

why are they keeping there fingers of there ears and not listening to the majority. he is killing this club.

Thing is apart from his mates in the media it doesn't make sense to anyone, not even blues fans

you'll speak to a random west ham fan at work and they will ask what the **** are we doing

Yeah.. I knew things were bad already but it hit me last week when I asked my Blues supporting mates why they don't take the piss out of me anymore for the team I support and they merely said.

"There is nothing funny about what is happening there, we only take the piss when things are going well.. To do it now would just add insult to injury.."

At that point I realised for sure we are in a very bad place. When Blues fans stop taking the piss there is something very very wrong.

Does anyone think blues would be doing as well as they are if Mcleish had stayed?

I think we've done them a massive favour. We've made ourselves worse by paying them compensation and allowed them to go and snap up a very promising manager who is getting them playing entertaining attacking football.

The appointment of Mcleish is so ridiculous you couldn't have made it up.

Thing is apart from his mates in the media it doesn't make sense to anyone, not even blues fans

you'll speak to a random west ham fan at work and they will ask what the **** are we doing

Yeah.. I knew things were bad already but it hit me last week when I asked my Blues supporting mates why they don't take the piss out of me anymore for the team I support and they merely said.

"There is nothing funny about what is happening there, we only take the piss when things are going well.. To do it now would just add insult to injury.."

At that point I realised for sure we are in a very bad place. When Blues fans stop taking the piss there is something very very wrong.

They know what it's like to suffer under this cretin. They have been to Hell and back.

A motivated saboteur couldn't have done a better job inside 24 months

We are in crazy times here

i honestly am starting to believe that this is the case

the running of the club over the last 5 years seems to be soley based on the film trading places

if the carrot coloured pasty crater faced gibbon is still manager come next season i will just forget about aston villa completely until he has gone

they already now dont get a penny from me thanks to the 2 ginger cancer cells infecting our club

my son still wants the new villa top, he wants to watch the streams with me and still supports the team

well i wont be watching, so he wont be supporting

congratulations to lerner for putting all his faith in a fat clueless shop worker who then gets in a fellow ginger twunt to help to distruction of our club

it makes me **** sick

the running of the club over the last 5 years seems to be soley based on the film trading places

So wrong. Eddie Murphy actually did a good job when he was bought in! :winkold:

I am sure he could make a better fist of it than Fatty Faulkner and McLeish and it would be nice to have a Jamie Lee Curtis character around the place.

So wrong. Eddie Murphy actually did a good job when he was bought in! :winkold:

I am sure he could make a better fist of it than Paul Faulkner and McLeish and it would be nice to have a Jamie Lee Curtis character around the place.

she was at her prime in that film, her boobies were pretty much perfection

unfortunately the pair of tits at our club are not in their prime

Â