The, he's finally GONE! Tell us your thoughts Thread

Richard

Do you THINK McLeish will be gone by next season?  

370 members have voted

1. 1. Do you THINK McLeish will be gone by next season?

• Yes I think he will
    • No I think he will be here

• Replies 17.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Bring back John Gregory
I liked Gregory. Would have him back in an instant.

Im sure we could tempt him back from the khazakstan premier league.

I always liked him in interviews

Not sure if any of you listened to the phone in on Gold tonight.

Tom Ross said that he has been told by Falkner that McLeish is here for the long term, and will be backed in the Summer by Lerner to build his team.

I wouldn't listen to him, he does it on purpose to wind us up

Tom Ross said that he has been told by Falkner that McLeish is here for the long term, and will be backed in the Summer by Lerner to build his team.

But there is no recording of this conversation I take? Tom Ross is a WUM and I cant stand him

Here's a sneak preview of the transfer pot that Randy has handed over

small-change-300x201.jpg

Where are you Sir Gary Cahill :(
Still cleaning himself and his house up after Weimann's goal against Fulham.

You sure he likes Weimann, he only usually can support one player of similar age in similar position and we all know Delfouneso is just so close from winning the best player ever to grace the earth.

I have no doubt this is the case.

My prediction is we will finish next year around 12th/13th and the board will tell us they were right to stick with him as this is an improvement.

Ultimately Randy Lerner is now interested in nothing but survival. If he sticks with Mcleish and accepts a future of mediocrity surely no villa fan can continue to defend our owner. Unfortunately looking at the browns it's pretty easy to see what our future will be like.

It's so frustrating to have to put up with this level of shitness. Lerner is a disgrace of an owner and an utter failure. Let's pray he sells up soon to someone who is capable of not wasting millions of pounds while making their team worse than when they took over.

Depending on who leaves and who stays, I actually think we could go down next season if McLeish is still in charge.

Personally I still think there's a chance Randy will act in the summer. He's not an idiot (then again he did appoint McLeish in the first place). He's going to see that keeping McLeish here will ultimately cost him more money than it will take to sack him.

I actually have a lot of optimism in our youth and I think we can have a very good team for the next few years but I don't think McLeish can be the guy that turns us into that team. Gardner, Bannan, Lichaj, Herd, Baker, Clark, and Weimann all could turn into really good players.

I agree totally.

Lerner's appointment of Houllier was a disaster. There were times where the football was atrocious. Then when he was took ill, he took the club to the cleaners. The only thing good that came out of the Houllier era was the signing of Darren Bent who ultimately kept us up with his goals.

Its a tricky one to see how McLeish would improve this squad. I said a few pages back that we are unlikely to bring in any 'marquee' signings. The Holman signing is a sign of things to come I believe.

Add a few midfield 'cloggers' and the signings of Johnson and Dann, and I think that will be our team next year.

Â