The, he's finally GONE! Tell us your thoughts Thread

Richard

Do you THINK McLeish will be gone by next season?  

370 members have voted

1. 1. Do you THINK McLeish will be gone by next season?

• Yes I think he will
    • No I think he will be here

but the merits of Holloway, discuss.......

I can't stand the man, seriously cannot stand him. I'm therefore unable to give an honest appraisal of his ability, largely because I think he is an utter clearing in the woods.

As such I'd hate to see him as our manager and personally I think he is an idiot who got lucky one season and took them up but will never every be successful again.

SO given a straight choice between McLeish and Holloway, which one would you prefer? ;-)

Nothing beats a dogshit beauty contest ;-)

• Replies 17.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I can't stand the man, seriously cannot stand him. I'm therefore unable to give an honest appraisal of his ability, largely because I think he is an utter clearing in the woods.

As such I'd hate to see him as our manager and personally I think he is an idiot who got lucky one season and took them up but will never every be successful again.

SO given a straight choice between McLeish and Holloway, which one would you prefer? ;-)

Nothing beats a dogshit beauty contest ;-)

May as well stick with McLeish at least that way he doesn't get a fat payoff and we don't end up paying a rapist millions for the local village idiot.

Have to agree with that. He just reminds of one of those thick and bitter middle aged men who has a shit excuse or answer for everything. I think like a lot of Villa fans, it is difficult for me to label who I would like at Villa in this realistic world. Maybe the only answer is one the managers who have brought their clubs into the Premiership or are excelling in the lower divisions with their respective clubs. A lot of head work for those choosing I'd say. Easy work to get rid of McLeish though....well despite the pay-off.

Just had a look through the Championship table and apart from Gus Poyet, there's very few Managers who are "really up and coming". Sean Dyche is doing a good job at Watford but it's too soon for him, same as Dougie Freedman at Palace. Interestingly, someone was saying they had ITK that Poyet and Zola were coming to Villa in the summer as Randy HAD listened to the fans.

Just had a look through the Championship table and apart from Gus Poyet, there's very few Managers who are "really up and coming". Sean Dyche is doing a good job at Watford but it's too soon for him, same as Dougie Freedman at Palace. Interestingly, someone was saying they had ITK that Poyet and Zola were coming to Villa in the summer as Randy HAD listened to the fans.

Are you sure they didn't say 'Pie and Cola'?

You know how these Chinese whispers work!

Interestingly, someone was saying they had ITK that Poyet and Zola were coming to Villa in the summer as Randy HAD listened to the fans.
So that's Poyet, Zola, Taylor and Platt. Jim Bowen was mentioned a few pages ago. Anyone else?

Interestingly, someone was saying they had ITK that Poyet and Zola were coming to Villa in the summer as Randy HAD listened to the fans.
So that's Poyet, Zola, Taylor and Platt. Jim Bowen was mentioned a few pages ago. Anyone else?

I forgot to mention the source, someone on H&V. Just passing it on. I did also mention Harry Worth a short while. :lol:

Can I make a case for Ian Holloway? Would prefer Lambert to be honest, wanted Mark Hughes last season, but Holloway would at least make us laugh at the press conferences, instead of McLeish making us sick!

Holloway was a dick to us as a club. Also his "banter" got really old by the end of the season. At the start of the season loved watching Blackpool by the end I was glad to see Blackpool go down.

It was a genuine question, I was asking about his managerial ability. Could Holloway manage a big club like Villa. I don't care whether he's fat, thin or bald. You know, Ron Saunders was a miserable bastard, but what a great Manager. They all have their faults. I would like Lambert personally but the merits of Holloway, discuss.......

Fair enough.

Well his merits are he plays extremely attacking football and has demonstrated he can cycle a squad of lesser talented players to get results.

The downside of his style are when he loses, he loses BIG which means his teams morale (fan and players) can get a real battering. His other downside is his style and signings are generally low skill, pacey players who can put in a shift for a game. In fact he seems to value work ethic as much as McLeish which isnt the kind football I care about.

Pele as well.

Just had a look through the Championship table and apart from Gus Poyet, there's very few Managers who are "really up and coming". Sean Dyche is doing a good job at Watford but it's too soon for him, same as Dougie Freedman at Palace.

It's definitely a problem. A massive criticism over the past few seasons of the board would be the time taken or the timing in getting a manager in; in their defense it has been a tough place to get someone suitable. I think the move for McLeish describes this perfectly. Maybe a 'cheap' gamble on someone is the way to go. It cannot be any worse than the crap we are being served up at the moment.

Is this Lamberts Norwich that even we beat this season ;-)
Oh FFS not this again.

This is also the same Norwich that are 8 points above us and have won 3 more games.

Going by your logic Martinez is just a good a manager as Ferguson.

Â