The, he's finally GONE! Tell us your thoughts Thread

Richard

Do you THINK McLeish will be gone by next season?  

370 members have voted

1. 1. Do you THINK McLeish will be gone by next season?

• Yes I think he will
    • No I think he will be here

• Replies 17.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

the point is young was NEVER in his squad, it would be like saying

of course without messi we are not as dangerous

so if young was NEVER in his squad, why on earth would it be of any significance?

a new manager with his own players, his own style of football, his own football mentality stamped onto all of the players

young was NEVER part of his plans, NEVER in a squad he picked, NEVER part of any of his training sessions

he may as well real out names like george best, pele, maradona, they also were **** all to do with this ginger gibbons plans this season.

so he is pretending that young leaving has impacted on HIS squad, no it didnt, he was never in his squad

hence he is lying

Yeah but if he's interviewed and gets asked the question...

"Last year Aston Villa finished 9th, you are underachieving this year, why is this?"

Of course he's going to mention that there's a loss in quality in the squad from last year to this year, if the interviewer is comparing last year to this year.

Maybe the interviewer asked him

Interviewer: "Last year Villa had Ashley Young, this year you havent had him, how much of a loss is this?"

McLeish: "You are going to miss a quality player like him. He not only makes a lot of assists, but pitches in with a few goals as well

Think your reaction to these comments is well OTT.

What would you rather him say, No comment?

Manchini just gave us a bit of short shrift in his interview. The interviewer asked if the title race is still on, with a 2 point gap, to which Manchini replied "5 points", as if it's a certainty that Man U are guaranteed to turn us over tomorrow.

Now in any other season a comment like that would piss me off, but with McLeish you just know he's right a we're not even going to try and win!

Manchini just gave us a bit of short shrift in his interview. The interviewer asked if the title race is still on, with a 2 point gap, to which Manchini replied "5 points", as if it's a certainty that Man U are guaranteed to turn us over tomorrow.

Now in any other season a comment like that would piss me off, but with McLeish you just know he's right a we're not even going to try and win!

just shows how we are perceived by the rest of the football. negative brummy surrender monkeys.

I hate mcleish, i hate lerner and I am embarrassed to be a villa fan. We are a disgrace to football

We'll get hammered, not even our own manager thinks we can get anything from games like these, we may aswell give them the three point and save our players for the more winnable games. We'll sit back, and end up getting hammered.

We're in a really shit situation at the moment, we stay up, we're going to have AM in charge until at least Xmas, but we get relegated, AM will get the boot, giving us the chance to have a clear out and start again, but there are no guarentees we'll return at the first time of asking.

Its hard to believe we had to pay compensation for the privilege of having AM as our manager.

We should try and get a young British manager like Lambert, give him some money to build a side, could end up being the next David Moyes. I can't think of any more established managers i'd want to take over.

The problem I have is our manager and his philosphy. Elite teams??

Do you think he learned any lessons from Wigan v Man United??

Its 11 v 11 and if we come out fighting, closing them down at every chance like Wigan did, then we will always have a good chance. I would rather get beat 5-1 than go down to a boring 2 or 3 nil loss. And I think I speak for every Villa fan when I say if we attack man united but still get beat none of us would really care. The lion is on our shirt for a reason Mcleish!!

the point is young was NEVER in his squad, it would be like saying

of course without messi we are not as dangerous

so if young was NEVER in his squad, why on earth would it be of any significance?

a new manager with his own players, his own style of football, his own football mentality stamped onto all of the players

young was NEVER part of his plans, NEVER in a squad he picked, NEVER part of any of his training sessions

he may as well real out names like george best, pele, maradona, they also were **** all to do with this ginger gibbons plans this season.

so he is pretending that young leaving has impacted on HIS squad, no it didnt, he was never in his squad

hence he is lying

Yeah but if he's interviewed and gets asked the question...

"Last year Aston Villa finished 9th, you are underachieving this year, why is this?"

Of course he's going to mention that there's a loss in quality in the squad from last year to this year, if the interviewer is comparing last year to this year.

Maybe the interviewer asked him

Interviewer: "Last year Villa had Ashley Young, this year you havent had him, how much of a loss is this?"

McLeish: "You are going to miss a quality player like him. He not only makes a lot of assists, but pitches in with a few goals as well

Think your reaction to these comments is well OTT.

What would you rather him say, No comment?

how about he says

"well i had all preseason to pick players to make my own decisions and tactics, i have **** up royaly and been exposed for the shit manager i am, please accept my resignation and humble apologies for being amoney grabbing limited shit gibbon"

?

just shows how we are perceived by the rest of the football. negative brummy surrender monkeys.

I hate mcleish, i hate lerner and I am embarrassed to be a villa fan. We are a disgrace to football

Mancinis comments have nothing to do with Aston Villa. Man UTD could have been playing anyone tomorrow and Mancini would have said the same thing, he's simply trying to put pressure on Man UTD and trying to take all pressure away from Man City. Don't take his comments personally.

"well i had all preseason to pick players to make my own decisions and tactics, i have **** up royaly and been exposed for the shit manager i am, please accept my resignation and humble apologies for being amoney grabbing limited shit gibbon"

?

Yeah okay....

McLeish also believes that Young's £18million departure last summer has been a major factor as to why his club have struggled for form this campaign.

He said: "You are going to miss a quality player like him. He not only makes a lot of assists, but pitches in with a few goals as well."

I'm all for McLeish not being the manager of AVFC but what he said here is true. We have really missed having Young in the squad, had he been in the squad he could have been the difference between drawing and winning games.

Does not having Young in the squad excuse McLeish for the style of football we play? Of course not. But in this instance he's not exactly lying.

Though, instead of moaning about losing Young he should be concentrating on getting N'zogbia performing.

Haven't heard Pardew moaning about how Newcastle have been missing Carroll, Enrique, Nolan and Barton?

Haven't heard Lambert and Rodgers moaning that they have never had any players that cost more than a couple of million.

Haven't heard David Moyes moaning about losing Wayne Rooney.

He had better quality in the squad than 50% of the teams in the PL and £16m to spend plus probably the best youth set up in the PL.

For once that word removed Lawro has been spot on in his prediction against Man Ure tomorow.

Calls out McLeish as negative and says his tactics only end in tears. Draws comparisons to the scum too and doesn't mention injuries as an excuse. The final part mentions the linking of Lambert to the job and that Villa are still an attractive proposition.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/17683187

Haven't heard Pardew moaning about how Newcastle have been missing Carroll, Enrique, Nolan and Barton?

Because they've used the money to improve their squad dramatically?

Haven't heard Lambert and Rodgers moaning that they have never had any players that cost more than a couple of million.

What's your point here? They're newly promoted side, they're hardly going to go out and spend £10m on a player are they?

Also, as i stated earlier, AMC probably isnt making excuses at the fact he's no longer got Young, he could be simply answering a question that he was asked. So I don't really understand the point of your post.

If someone was to ask Moyes if he'd still like Rooney, and Moyes was to say "Yeah of course, he's a fantastic talent and we could have achieved big things with him here".... that doesnt mean he's moaning about it, simply telling the truth. Which is what AMC has done in this instance IMO.

I think he's got the prediction wrong and been kind to us i can see it being a cricket score

Ferguson is going to go out tomorrow and set out to win but not do anything careless. A loss to us tomorrow no matter how unlikely would put them in danger of conceding the title. We'll more than likely lose but only by 1 or 2.

No, Daweii, Utd need goals tomorrow as Man City's goal difference is so much better. They can afford to be reckless as we will again offer very little going forward or even look to hit them on the counter in numbers.

Â