The, he's finally GONE! Tell us your thoughts Thread

Richard

Do you THINK McLeish will be gone by next season?  

370 members have voted

1. 1. Do you THINK McLeish will be gone by next season?

• Yes I think he will
    • No I think he will be here

No, Daweii, Utd need goals tomorrow as Man City's goal difference is so much better. They can afford to be reckless as we will again offer very little going forward or even look to hit them on the counter in numbers.

Man Utd don't need to worry about their goal difference as their points advantage will be good when they beat Villa. However, I don't think they will sit back and settle for a 1-0 or 2-1 win as it is in their nature to just attack and seek to win comfortably.

• Replies 17.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just been to watch Cheltenham Town beat Accrington Stanley 4-1.

Off topic I know, but it was good to see a) GOALS and B) PLAYERS ATTACKING.

And for that reason, McLeish out!!

I had the same feeling watching aberdeen vs hibs, I was thinking isnt it nice to see attacking football

Quote from McLeish:

"We must play a very disciplined game and try to cause them problems at the back as well"

That basically tells you everything you need to know about our approach tomorrow. Ginger Git.

Quote from McLeish:

"We must play a very disciplined game and try to cause them problems at the back as well"

That basically tells you everything you need to know about our approach tomorrow. Ginger Git.

As usual, it's always about being "disciplined" and "causing problems". When we lose after the game he'll talk about "commitment" and "effort".

All he **** cares about is graft.

Sir Alex Ferguson praises Alex McLeish's 'remarkable job'

Manchester United manager Sir Alex Ferguson has backed Alex McLeish to be a success as Aston Villa boss.

Ferguson managed McLeish at Aberdeen and feels that Villa, who are only six points above the Premier League drop zone, must be patient with the Scot.

"He was a great player, and he has had a good career as a manager. He will do a good job at Villa given time, trust and confidence," Ferguson said.

"We all need a pat on the back at times and Alex has done a remarkable job."

DID YOU KNOW?

In their eight years together at Aberdeen, Alex McLeish and Sir Alex Ferguson won three Scottish Premier Division titles, four Scottish Cups, one Scottish League Cup, one European Cup Winners Cup and one European Super Cup

Villa go in to Sunday's Premier League game against Manchester United having won just one of the last 30 meetings between the sides, the 1-0 triumph at Old Trafford in December 2009.

Former Birmingham City boss McLeish, 53, has yet to win over the Villa supporters, with the club having been dragged into the Premier League relegation battle after just two wins in 13 games.

Ferguson thinks the job has been made a lot harder for McLeish - who played under his compatriot at Aberdeen from 1978-1986 - by injuries to key players including striker Darren Bent.

And the Manchester United boss also feels that Villa owner Randy Lerner's demand to reduce the wage bill and his failure to release funds to sign new players in the January transfer window have hampered McLeish.

"There was an imbalance in terms of what is needed in the Premier League," said Ferguson.

"You only need a couple of injuries and it is a massive blow. And in Bent you are taking away a goalscorer who gets between 18 and 20 a season. That is a big loss.

"I do have sympathy for Alex," added Ferguson. "I have known him since he was a little kid.

"When I brought him into the team at Aberdeen he was always a very receptive, intelligent young man."

And so the penpal speaks.

Reading that made my blood boil. When he says he's done "a remarkable job", surely he's not talking about McLeish at Villa?

Also, I'm getting tired of the media referring to McLeish as "the former Birmingham City manager" when referring to fan discontent.

Regardless of the fans wishes, unless Lerner has a serious change of heart, it is becoming more and more clear that McLeish will be here next season.

That alone is scary. The players he will be looking to recruit over the summer will be similar to those he had at SHA.

It wouldn't surprise me to see McLeish will trying to sign Roger Johnson and Scott Dann over the Summer as replacements for Dunne and Collins.

McLeish likes cloggers. But even if he had £100m to spend he would still bring in players of the same ilk and play the same tactics. Its garbage.

I think that keeping McLeish at the club next season would be both financial and footballing suicide.

Awful Manager, tactically incapable, refuses to take the blame and consistanty makes snidely jibes at his own fan base. Why is it so difficult for the club or the written media to understand that it has little to do with Blues and everything to do with what he represents as a person and a manager?

I wish Trollface Ferguson would leave us alone, gullible Randy clings to his every word.

In the version of this story on SkySports, I'm sure Ferguson says that McLeish hasn't had a chance to bring in any players, except for N'Zogbia, Given, Hutton and Stevens as well as Keane and Jenas on loan I guess?

In the words of my nan "Ooh, I just wish someone would belt that Ferguson round the face"

Â