The, he's finally GONE! Tell us your thoughts Thread

Richard

Do you THINK McLeish will be gone by next season?  

370 members have voted

1. 1. Do you THINK McLeish will be gone by next season?

• Yes I think he will
    • No I think he will be here

Whilst I'd have either Lambert or Rodgers here in a flash right now, arguably they are simply this season's Phil Brown, Steve Coppell, Aidy Boothroyd, Paul Jewell, etc. who have all been similarly flavour of the month for bringing teams up and having good first seasons, with big wins against top opposition. The trick is the second season, where only Tony Pulis, or perhaps Sam Allardyce seems to have come through and established a mid-table PL side.

lambert got two back to back promotions, and kept norwich up with ease so no its not teh same in my opinion

• Replies 17.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

At least theyve been flavour of the month. Unlike Mcleish who has never been flavour of the month.

Oh well. Everyone keep going and paying his wages.

I think he might have been flavour of the month of some kinds when he won the League Cup or guided sha to their highest finish in about 50 million years.

If anything McLeish's past indicates that he gets results out of the squads he's inherited, and once he builds his own squad over a few seasons things tend to go pear-shaped.

...so we're going to get worse.....oh dear, oh dear oh dear.

Yes. ANY manager needs time to assess things properly and put plans in motion to make improvements. I wish it was just as easy as coming in and waving a magic wand and getting instant results but we all know deep down that isnt the case

So your basic position is that any manager should no matter what happens get 2 entire seasons before being judged on their performance?

Sorry to repeat the question but I just want to get it crystal clear exactly what your position is here.

Say McLeish got us relegated, he would still deserve a 2nd year before being judged.

Terry Conor at Wolves he shouldn't be judged until he has been in the job 2 years.

Is this what you are saying?

I think, as long as a manager keeps the team up, then yes, they should get another summer/ season to show what they can do with time.

Houllier 'almost' got us relegated, but I would have loved it if he'd been fit enough to stay in charge, bring in some players and have a summer to get his new players (and the ones he wanted to keep) to play the way he wanted.

Yes. ANY manager needs time to assess things properly and put plans in motion to make improvements. I wish it was just as easy as coming in and waving a magic wand and getting instant results but we all know deep down that isnt the case

So your basic position is that any manager should no matter what happens get 2 entire seasons before being judged on their performance?

Sorry to repeat the question but I just want to get it crystal clear exactly what your position is here.

Say McLeish got us relegated, he would still deserve a 2nd year before being judged.

Terry Conor at Wolves he shouldn't be judged until he has been in the job 2 years.

Is this what you are saying?

I think, as long as a manager keeps the team up, then yes, they should get another summer/ season to show what they can do with time.

Houllier 'almost' got us relegated, but I would have loved it if he'd been fit enough to stay in charge, bring in some players and have a summer to get his new players (and the ones he wanted to keep) to play the way he wanted.

That's madness. I was willing to give Houllier time last season because the performances were sometimes quite good. With McLeish performances have almost always been bad. Even when we win we're normally boring and negative.

There's is absolutely NOTHING to suggest McLeish deserves another season to ruin and put us even further back. I cannot understand how after all the shit negative performances and results there are still so many people backing this complete failure of a manager.

When will some people on here come out of denial?

Look at his cv, it is not very good....he is not going to change....as I have said before he is not suddenly going to turn into Pep Guardiola

He is a poor manager?...one of, if not the worst in Villas history

and that includes a certain BIlly McNeill

At least theyve been flavour of the month. Unlike Mcleish who has never been flavour of the month.

I think he might have been flavour of the month of some kinds when he won the League Cup or guided sha to their highest finish in about 50 million years.

Even then his own fans hated the style of football. Of course the cup is Houlliers fault as well.

Even then his own fans hated the style of football. Of course the cup is Houlliers fault as well.

More Arsenal's than anything else. How they didn't wipe the floor with those thugs I'll never know.

I don't understand how there are so many people that blank all the moments of attacking football out of their mind Mantis.

Yes, it's not Arsenal or Barcelona-esq attacking play. But for a lot of the season, we've seemed like a counter-attacking / MON-style football team.

Not amazing, not completely boring, but most of the time we've just been average.

Yes, there have been times when we've been boring, but I can see how losing players like Dunne, Clark, Petrov, Bent & Cuellar could effect our play and result in us having to use youngsters.

Add that to the fact that we have lost some of our best players, N'Zogbia hasn't clicked, Hutton hasn't reached anywhere near the heights he hit at Spurs and it just increases the list of excuses.

I'm not backing him to the point that I want him to stay, I just can't be bothered with all this anger towards him when there's every chance that Randy will keep him.

If he buys some more players of his own, and we still spend the season around the foot of the table, maybe I'll change my signature to 'McLeish Out', as seems the trend recently.

Sorry, I must've missed these moments of attacking football when I blinked. :lol:

Oh, and the reason why N'Zogbia hasn't clicked is mainly because of McLeish. Whenever N'Zogbia starts looking like he's come into form McLeish starts subbing him/benching him in favour of someone like Heskey.

Look at his cv, it is not very good....he is not going to change....as I have said before he is not suddenly going to turn into Pep Guardiola

If you're referring to Me then I'll ask you to not insinuate that I'm in denial.

Just because some people don't want to cry onto their keyboards about how much they hate a man that will, more than likely, be here next season, doesn't mean they're in denial. It just means they have better things to worry about.

Regarding his CV, let me guess... you must be referring to the fact that he 'Finished 3rd in a 2-horse race in Scotland' or 'got relegated 2 times in 3 seasons' etc etc etc... those classics?

If you're referring to Me then I'll ask you to not insinuate that I'm in denial.

Just because some people don't want to cry onto their keyboards about how much they hate a man that will, more than likely, be here next season, doesn't mean they're in denial. It just means they have better things to worry about.

Regarding his CV, let me guess... you must be referring to the fact that he 'Finished 3rd in a 2-horse race in Scotland' or 'got relegated 2 times in 3 seasons' etc etc etc... those classics?

How does the fact that he's going to be here next season change anything? It doesn't change the fact that he's done a terrible job and is a shit manager and doesn't make me hate him any less.

I don't understand how there are so many people that blank all the moments of attacking football out of their mind Mantis.

Are you aware we are probably going to end with the lowest points total and least amount of wins we've ever had in a premiership season?

And as for giving him another season. Are you going to ignore him finishing 9th spending around £20 million and being relegated?

Yes, it's not Arsenal or Barcelona-esq attacking play. But for a lot of the season, we've seemed like a counter-attacking / MON-style football team.

Not amazing, not completely boring, but most of the time we've just been average.

Yes, there have been times when we've been boring, but I can see how losing players like Dunne, Clark, Petrov, Bent & Cuellar could effect our play and result in us having to use youngsters.

Add that to the fact that we have lost some of our best players, N'Zogbia hasn't clicked, Hutton hasn't reached anywhere near the heights he hit at Spurs and it just increases the list of excuses.

I'm not backing him to the point that I want him to stay, I just can't be bothered with all this anger towards him when there's every chance that Randy will keep him.

If he buys some more players of his own, and we still spend the season around the foot of the table, maybe I'll change my signature to 'McLeish Out', as seems the trend recently.

Of course nobodys 'knows' - but the probability is with AM in charge next season - it will, at best - pan out like this season..................with less people watching

I doubt McLeish's ability if he was given £100m in the summer, but given our financial situation, it is unlikely that he will be able to sign anyone of any class.

McLeish's tactics, mixed with Bosman's, loans and cloggers to join.

The future doesn't look very bright, does it?

We must have been watching a different team.

That confirms it, we must have been because we've been way way below average.

The results and the performances were poor even before the injuries.

N'Zogbia never clicks, he has always been average with spells of good. As for Hutton he never reached any heights at Spurs which is why they sold him at such a big loss.

You seem to be backing him to me, you are certainly offering plenty of excuses for his poor performance.

If he buys more of his own players then I think this is highly likely.

I don't agree, I think we're on par with Barcelona.

And just because people aren't prepared to just accept the thought of him being here next season doesn't mean they are crying into their keyboards either.

I don't agree, I think we're on par with Barcelona.

We play dynamic, attacking football or haven't you heard?

Â