The, he's finally GONE! Tell us your thoughts Thread

Richard

Do you THINK McLeish will be gone by next season?  

370 members have voted

1. 1. Do you THINK McLeish will be gone by next season?

• Yes I think he will
    • No I think he will be here

• Replies 17.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think it is an utter disgrace that Lerner et al just basically treat the fan base as mugs who know nothing and only want Mcleish out because of where he came from, which is obviously the case. Utter disgrace and they deserve to have fans turn away from attending in droves as will be the case.

When will some people on here come out of denial?

Look at his cv, it is not very good....he is not going to change....as I have said before he is not suddenly going to turn into Pep Guardiola

He is a poor manager?...one of, if not the worst in Villas history

and that includes a certain BIlly McNeill

If you're referring to Me then I'll ask you to not insinuate that I'm in denial.

Just because some people don't want to cry onto their keyboards about how much they hate a man that will, more than likely, be here next season, doesn't mean they're in denial. It just means they have better things to worry about.

Regarding his CV, let me guess... you must be referring to the fact that he 'Finished 3rd in a 2-horse race in Scotland' or 'got relegated 2 times in 3 seasons' etc etc etc... those classics?

Yes those classics...look deeply into them and you'll realise exactly how good that is.

This bloke is not good.

Ok accept rubbish and do nothing.

Every time there's something you don't like just give it the old British stiff upper lip and carry on regardless. Accept second best and guess what? You'll get second best and after a time you'll get used to it.

Why should we give McLeish time? He's had a full preseason and two transfer windows, yet he's about to oversee our worst PL season ever. Not to mention the fact we might yet get relegated. All of this is down to his managerial ineptitude, and not something time can fix.

Ive said on here before, id love Lambert as our manager.

I'm getting a sense of deja vous here, it's all a bit last summer when Owen Coyle was flavour of the month, and people on here were foaming at the mouth at the thought of him taking over the Villa

Maybe lambert is better than Coyle, probably not, let's see how he does with Norwich next season before anyone starts jizzing their pants

Ive said on here before, id love Lambert as our manager.

I'm getting a sense of deja vous here, it's all a bit last summer when Owen Coyle was flavour of the month, and people on here were foaming at the mouth at the thought of him taking over the Villa

Maybe lambert is better than Coyle, probably not, let's see how he does with Norwich next season before anyone starts jizzing their pants

Are back to back promotions followed by keeping Norwich within the PL within 3 years not significant achievement enough to mark him out as being potential an extremely good manager?

Lambert understandably would be very high if not top of a hell of a lot of peoples list of managers should we be fortunate enough to get rid of McLeish.

Mc Leish staying will only increase the negativity at Villa, the black clowd will hang over us until he goes, I have yet to meet a Villa supporter that wants him at the Club.

Well hang around in this thread a little longer and you might meet a couple.

Mc Leish staying will only increase the negativity at Villa, the black clowd will hang over us until he goes, I have yet to meet a Villa supporter that wants him at the Club.

They obviously never go to the games then,if they did they might just stop talikng rubbish.

Surely those guys should have been sectioned by now?

We really need to get the next appointment correct

Another flop would be hard to recover from, lambert has potential but he'd be a risk in my opinion

He's never managed a big club and season 2 in the PL will be an eye opener

Personally I'd look for a big hitter with the experience and aura to take a grip of this football club, Big Phil or Van Gaal possibly Capello

I think those names are all totally unrealistic and not even worthy of being discussed.

Out of boredom I've worked out that after 16 homes games had been played in O'Leary's final season, the average home attendance had been 34,233.

After 16 home games under McLeish, the average is 33,923

The average home attendance in total for O'Leary's final season was 34,007

So I think McLeish will need to draw an average of around 35,000 in the final 3 home matches to avoid a worse attendance record than O'Leary.

Edit -

If my Excel Forecast preditions are right, the average attendance in total this season will be around 33,901

Personally I'd look for a big hitter with the experience and aura to take a grip of this football club, Big Phil or Van Gaal possibly Capello

Big Phil was ace at Chelsea wasn't he? Capella really Loved working in England didn't he? How much of the language did he learn? Van gaal who is being linked to Liverpool?

One we couldnt afford them and two just because they are big names doesn't necessarily mean they would be good.....they may very well do a job, but I would be very surprised if they would be interested in coming (not that I think mc will be sacked).

Â