The, he's finally GONE! Tell us your thoughts Thread

Richard

Do you THINK McLeish will be gone by next season?  

370 members have voted

1. 1. Do you THINK McLeish will be gone by next season?

• Yes I think he will
    • No I think he will be here

• Replies 17.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Personally I'd look for a big hitter with the experience and aura to take a grip of this football club, Big Phil or Van Gaal possibly Capello

I think those names are all totally unrealistic and not even worthy of being discussed.

Of course they're not unrealistic, two are out of work and one is managing a relatively small club in Portugal. They are all well worthy of discussion

Personally I'd look for a big hitter with the experience and aura to take a grip of this football club, Big Phil or Van Gaal possibly Capello

I think those names are all totally unrealistic and not even worthy of being discussed.

Of course they're not unrealistic, two are out of work and one is managing a relatively small club in Portugal. They are all well worthy of discussion

I don't care if they are currently doing paper rounds, they are completely unrealistic.

Mc Leish staying will only increase the negativity at Villa, the black clowd will hang over us until he goes, I have yet to meet a Villa supporter that wants him at the Club.

Well hang around in this thread a little longer and you might meet a couple.

Surely those guys should have been sectioned by now?

Nope, :twisted:

I don't want him at our club. Never did and i would have preferred Jol but events out of his control have conspired against him and he is not totally to blame for where we are at the moment.

Ive said on here before, id love Lambert as our manager.

I'm getting a sense of deja vous here, it's all a bit last summer when Owen Coyle was flavour of the month, and people on here were foaming at the mouth at the thought of him taking over the Villa

Maybe lambert is better than Coyle, probably not, let's see how he does with Norwich next season before anyone starts jizzing their pants

What is your obsession with big names? Lambert has more than proved himself at Norwich. Back to back promotions with Norwich and he's now managing them to a mid-table finish in their first season back in the Premier League. We're a midtable club now, I think most people accept this, so why wouldn't Lambert be a good manager for us? He's proved that he's not a one season wonder.

You seem to be against him purely because he hasn't managed a big club yet. Guess what, everyone starts somewhere. Look at Moyes. He hadn't even managed in the Premier League when Everton got him.

I still think we should've gone for Maradona. He would have done wonders here and practically asked us to have him.

I would have LOVED this.

Gates would be up and we would be DAMN entertained. I am almost certain we would be in a relegation fight with him but we would have had huge laughs along the way.

Gutted we didnt take him when he really wanted to come, he is an entertaining asshole, but he would be OUR entertaining asshole, and one thing he does is play very very attacking football.

Can I make a case for Ian Holloway? Would prefer Lambert to be honest, wanted Mark Hughes last season, but Holloway would at least make us laugh at the press conferences, instead of McLeish making us sick!

Holloway was a dick to us as a club. Also his "banter" got really old by the end of the season. At the start of the season loved watching Blackpool by the end I was glad to see Blackpool go down.

Can I make a case for Ian Holloway?

Only if you can fit him in the case and post him to North Korea with case covered in stickers saying, Experimental Nuclear Warhead for Launching of Satellites.

Can I make a case for Ian Holloway? Would prefer Lambert to be honest, wanted Mark Hughes last season, but Holloway would at least make us laugh at the press conferences, instead of McLeish making us sick!

Holloway was a dick to us as a club. Also his "banter" got really old by the end of the season. At the start of the season loved watching Blackpool by the end I was glad to see Blackpool go down.

It was a genuine question, I was asking about his managerial ability. Could Holloway manage a big club like Villa. I don't care whether he's fat, thin or bald. You know, Ron Saunders was a miserable bastard, but what a great Manager. They all have their faults. I would like Lambert personally but the merits of Holloway, discuss.......

but the merits of Holloway, discuss.......

I can't stand the man, seriously cannot stand him. I'm therefore unable to give an honest appraisal of his ability, largely because I think he is an utter clearing in the woods.

As such I'd hate to see him as our manager and personally I think he is an idiot who got lucky one season and took them up but will never every be successful again.

Â