The, he's finally GONE! Tell us your thoughts Thread

Richard

Do you THINK McLeish will be gone by next season?  

370 members have voted

1. 1. Do you THINK McLeish will be gone by next season?

• Yes I think he will
    • No I think he will be here

• Replies 17.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I reckon 30000 McLeish out signs held up for our last home game would do it

Heck I've got the copier equipment to do ... Does anyone reckon 30000 people would wave them ?

step up protests to make sure that Lerner knows exactly how we feel about this ferociously ugly cretin.
That is an unacceptable item of totally unecessary personal abuse, which devalues any sensible point you may you may have - frankly I doubt whether you actually have one.

I challenge you to withdraw this offensive nonsense and make a reasoned and abuse-free case for whatever it is you are trying to argue.

:lol:

Goodness gracious. Yes you're right.

Let's not mention that Alex McLeish is ugly. Or that Rafa Benitez is fat. Or that our veritable neighbours down the road may suffer from poor hygeine. Or that there are sometimes unemployment problems in Liverpool. And as for the referee, well he's a weally nice guy actually.

McLeish's face looks Jim Davidson's smaller testicle but twice as offensive. It's hardly a bloody secret. That's not why I want him out of the club though. I want him out because his football is even worse.

step up protests to make sure that Lerner knows exactly how we feel about this ferociously ugly cretin.
That is an unacceptable item of totally unecessary personal abuse, which devalues any sensible point you may you may have - frankly I doubt whether you actually have one.

I challenge you to withdraw this offensive nonsense and make a reasoned and abuse-free case for whatever it is you are trying to argue.

:lol:

Goodness gracious. Yes you're right.

Let's not mention that Alex McLeish is ugly. Or that Rafa Benitez is fat. Or that our veritable neighbours down the road may suffer from poor hygeine. Or that there are sometimes unemployment problems in Liverpool. And as for the referee, well he's a weally nice guy actually.

McLeish's face looks Jim Davidson's smaller testicle but twice as offensive. It's hardly a bloody secret. That's not why I want him out of the club though. I want him out because his football is even worse.

Well, I suppose you are starting to struggle away from sheer personal abuse towards some sort of cogent analysis there.

Very well done.

As I keep on stressing, I don't understand where this "decent bloke" tag comes from. What is it about him that makes him so nice exactly?

What I can't understand is how many people confuse him being a bad manager, with him being a bad person. We can only judge him on his public image, but from what I see his character and integrity are defamed because people disagree with what he says.

He what he says he does so without malice, and he always seems genuine and respectful whether you agree with what he says or not. He's certainly no Alex Ferguson that's for sure.

Ugly as a badger's ball bag, but seems like a decent enough bloke to me. I understand why he has become a hate figure, but I don't really agree with it.

Can't say I dislike the bloke, I just don't think he's a very good manager. I want him to be a huge success here, and if he were to achieve something with us (back in the Europa league, a cup win etc.) I'd gladly cheer his name all day, unfortunately I just don't think he has the managerial ability to do that. I'd love to be wrong though and I'm happy to give him the chance to get things right here. We've been hiring and firing managers every few seasons for 20 odd years and it's gotten us nowhere, it's time that habit was broken and if we see a significant improvement next season I'd be willing to give McLeish the time needed to build a good side.

I wonder if those who still seem to defend or accept Mcleish would have said achieving our lowest prem points total ever was acceptable at the start of the season?

If you'll accept a manager who's achieved a level of shit rarely seen at this club then you'll accept anything. The Lerner PR blitz for the first few years was successful.

Exactly.

I posted this in the match thread after the Stoke game

that was hard to watch....lots of endeavour but very little quality....and as for the Villa...

turgid dross.

We are Aston Villa, not Blackburn, not Bolton, not Wigan, not Wolves, not etc etc....we are Aston Villa.

Demand and expect more

Put up with the rubbish or demand and expect more

I have wanted him to be a success and have been willing to support him

BUT 1 home win in 6 months is abysmal

I can live with dire football if we are winning games, but we aren't

Maybe consolidation combined with wage reduction was/ is enough for the owners. Seems to have almost done that, and brought through some academy players into the front line.

If only there was some feasable plan beyond that and making for a long term future it may be worth our support. But unfortunately, the football we are delivering right now does not suggest such. Not being relegated could secure his position at the club. Times of free flowing and exciting football are well and truly gone for the moment. Still leaves plenty of scope for an improvement. Sadly we may be stuck with this for some time.

Â