The, he's finally GONE! Tell us your thoughts Thread

Richard

Do you THINK McLeish will be gone by next season?  

370 members have voted

1. 1. Do you THINK McLeish will be gone by next season?

• Yes I think he will
    • No I think he will be here

• Replies 17.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

There are a lot, who unecessarily imo, refer to him as a clearing in the woods etc.
So what? He's frustrated many people with his negative tactics and bullshit this season. People are obviously going to get a bit irate.

What's your point exactly?

My point is simply there is no need for it.

The guys not the first person in the world to perform absolutely shite at something and be paid handsomly in the process -

try half the Villa squad for a start.

Calling him 'SHITE' or a 'CLEARING IN THE WOODS' its all the same really

Not really, my mums shite at break dancing. Shes not a clearing in the woods :P

Your mum is not shite at break dancing, I can vouch for that! Oh shit, wait a minute, break dancing is the same as pole dancing right?

Back on topic, McLeish OUT

Now that Blackburn have lost is it safe to have anti Mcleish chants during the game or will it upset the players?

As far as I know there hasn't been a lot of anti McLeish singing but the last time there was, was the last time we won!

Maybe if there was more anti McLeish sentiment at games it would inspire the players, like it did last time. "Maybe under fan pressure, Lerner might get rid of this clown! Let the good times roll!" they would be thinking as they thump Man Utd 5-0 :?

I don't think anyone seriously considers Ecks rain to be as bad as a paedo.

Thinking about it... he's probably upset more kids than your average paedo.

I play with Lego and he upsets me

why are people trying to get fans behind this flid of a manager?

saying things such as " well he will be here anyway it will knock the kids confidence if we are negative towards him and dont give him our support" ?

would you say it about a paedo? "well dirty ken does like a fiddle with the kids, but the courts released him so we may as well just carry on and pretend he isnt ruining things"

a shit is a shit is a shit

supporting the team, supporting the players, i havent seen anyone saying they wouldnt

support the manager?

**** right off

it sounds like next season vasaline will be handed out free with all season tickets so it wont hurt as much when they just bend over and take it

Sorry - didn't realise this was the exclusive Anti- MCleish thread on VT. I'm not saying I'm PRO McLeish but someone at least trying to pick the threads of positivity out of an awful season and I along with anyone else has a right to surely dare to utter a viewpoint.

1. He has blooded alot of youngsters and some look like they'll be decent PL players - like Herd who IIRC was written off by some VT posters after making his debut for 20minutes. Despite injuries and illness en masse whoever he's blooded has coped and coped well given that they've had very little time to settle. 11/16 have been academy graduates, in some games over the past couple of weeks. Something I'm certainly proud of if no one else on VT gives a hoot.

2. He's got Ireland & Warnock playing again and looking much better at times.

3. He's got the youngsters, the last few games - who seem to actually WANT to play for their shirt playing with some passion as opposed to some of the senior squad who appear NOT to care less.

Personal abuse whoever it is aimed at is un-necessary and detracts from genuine critiscisms IMHO, but it's a football forum so c'est la vie!

why are people trying to get fans behind this flid of a manager?

saying things such as " well he will be here anyway it will knock the kids confidence if we are negative towards him and dont give him our support" ?

would you say it about a paedo? "well dirty ken does like a fiddle with the kids, but the courts released him so we may as well just carry on and pretend he isnt ruining things"

a shit is a shit is a shit

supporting the team, supporting the players, i havent seen anyone saying they wouldnt

support the manager?

**** right off

it sounds like next season vasaline will be handed out free with all season tickets so it wont hurt as much when they just bend over and take it

Sorry - didn't realise this was the exclusive Anti- MCleish thread on VT. I'm not saying I'm PRO McLeish but someone at least trying to pick the threads of positivity out of an awful season and I along with anyone else has a right to surely dare to utter a viewpoint.

1. He had blooded alot of youngsters and some look like they'll be decent PL players - like Herd who IIRC was written off by some VT posters after making his debut for 20minutes.

2. He's got Ireland & Warnock playing again and looking much better at times.

3. He's got the youngsters who seem to actually WANT to play for their shirt playing with some passion as opposed to some of the senior squad who appear NOT to care less.

Personal abuse whoever it is aimed at is un-necessary and detracts from genuine critiscisms IMHO, but it's a football forum so c'est la vie!

:bonk:

1. He had no choice, if our usual first team was fit do you really think McLeish would have picked this many academy players?

2. He got Ireland playing then promptly dropped him for no apparent reason.

3. Which young players don't want to play for the shirt and with their heart?! That is in the nature of young footballers!

1. He had no choice, if our usual first team was fit do you really think McLeish would have picked this many academy players?

2. He got Ireland playing then promptly dropped him for no apparent reason.

3. Which young players don't want to play for the shirt and with their heart?! That is in the nature of young footballers!

Not true. At times this season he's bought in players like Herd, Gardner etc when first teamers have been fit to blood them in.

Picking and dropping players is a manager's decision. Ireland is easily one of our most creative players - him and Warnock weren't

even in the squads under GH!

On that basis then - Manchester United should give no credit to Alex Ferguson for bringing the kids through like Scholes, Beckham etc

and sticking with them and winning the PL the season Hansen famously quoted - "you win nothing with kids"... They would have simply done it themselves because they are young footballers...without the manager's input?

Maybe some youngsters have been enforced but if you've blamed McLeish ALL season for the players playing without passion...it's a tad unfair for VT posters to vehemently give him NO credit for now getting players to show some passion, whoever they are!!

Playing the kids is nothing no other manager would'nt have done. I sure it was part of a plan to at least start blooding a couple. I would'nt big up McLeish for it. Lets see how many still playing when/if he brings his own players in.

I wonder if those who still seem to defend or accept Mcleish would have said achieving our lowest prem points total ever was acceptable at the start of the season?

If you'll accept a manager who's achieved a level of shit rarely seen at this club then you'll accept anything. The Lerner PR blitz for the first few years was successful.

Â