The, he's finally GONE! Tell us your thoughts Thread

Richard

Do you THINK McLeish will be gone by next season?  

370 members have voted

1. 1. Do you THINK McLeish will be gone by next season?

• Yes I think he will
    • No I think he will be here

I can tell you there is no intention to get rid of him despite the apathy around the club falling attendances and dire football ! Lerner likes him thinks he has a great work ethic and above all trusts him ! Its not what you want to hear but thats the facts . If we are struggling next season then yes I think he will think again .

He came in to do a job with the finances around us and staying up will probably be seen us as stabilising things . But for me you can't hide behind the football the results and what has happened simply not good enough .

• Replies 17.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I can tell you there is no intention to get rid of him despite the apathy around the club falling attendances and dire football ! Lerner likes him thinks he has a great work ethic and above all trusts him ! Its not what you want to hear but thats the facts . If we are struggling next season then yes I think he will think again .

He came in to do a job with the finances around us and staying up will probably be seen us as stabilising things . But for me you can't hide behind the football the results and what has happened simply not good enough .

Do you see him getting much money to re-shape the squad?

While McLeish has been awful, Lerner is hanging him out to dry too.

YES

YES

Cheers MM

Like I've said before; forget everything personal or agendas etc. If we have the worst season we've ever had in the Premiership (which is almost inevitable) then one of two things are at fault.

A) McLeish is rubbish and must be sacked OR

B) He inherited the worst team with the worst financial situation which is Lerner's fault and he should go.

I fail to see how there is a grey area there. Personally I think it's A. This squad is not the worst we've ever had by a long shot and therefore there are no excuses that can explain such a poor showing this season.

I don't think many people will be surprised to read that MM. It's quite clear Randy hasn't got the ability to do anything with this club that Doug couldn't do.

How are people still backing this manager though? Why have some fans lowered their expectations so much?

The only time he had money to spend in the premiership he took a team from 9th to relegation. So faith he will improve us enough next year is pure pro Lerner blind faith.

We are on course for our worst season since the premiership began and this is actually acceptable to some fans. It's ridiculous.

Horrible news if true.

Then again, you originally said there was no way McLeish was coming here. ;)

McLeish should not have been appointed in the first place but to back him with money in the summer after the dross we have served up week after week is seriously frightening.

I am interested to see what he would do with money in the summer. Like I was with Houllier and he had Cabaye lined up. I think it is easier to attract better players to Villa than Blues. Holman looks decent and that has increased my level of interest.

I still don't think he has done a good job (far from it) but I am interested.......

Yes I am a sadist!

I can see McLeish creatuing a very 'workman-like' team. Probably of players that will play for each other for the full 90 minutes & will sweat until they're floored.

I'm not too bothered by that approach, as long as we have a bit of flair thrown in the mix.

I can see McLeish creatuing a very 'workman-like' team. Probably of players that will play for each other for the full 90 minutes & will sweat until they're floored.

I'm not too bothered by that approach, as long as we have a bit of flair thrown in the mix.

Totally agree.

Who he buys in CM will make or break next season and ultimately AMc Villa career.

That approach bothers me very much. Obviously hard work is important but we need to move away from this kind of style. We need to adopt a more progressive game that relies on passing and movement rather than just running your socks off. We're going to have to adopt this style eventually, so if McLeish loads our squad with a bunch of hard working cloggers then we're going to have to undertake another massive clear-out once he finally goes.

Also, we know that McLeish and flair players just don't work. Randy needs to learn that he can't just throw money at the problem to make it go away. He needs to act and get rid of McLeish and get the right man in to replace him.

That approach bothers me very much. Obviously hard work is important but we need to move away from this kind of style. We need to adopt a more progressive game that relies on passing and movement rather than just running your socks off. We're going to have to adopt this style eventually, so if McLeish loads our squad with a bunch of hard working cloggers then we're going to have to undertake another massive clear-out once he finally goes.

Also, we know that McLeish and flair players just don't work. Randy needs to learn that he can't just throw money at the problem to make it go away. He needs to act and get rid of McLeish and get the right man in to replace him.

Arteta, Zarate, Franck Sauzee.

Although I do see your point as that style of play does mean you get a higher player turnover.

I actually like that style of football. Reminds me of the Gregory days. I hate tippy-tappy football. But it is a question of taste.

Dugarry, Arteta, Zarate, Franck Sauzee.

I never said he doesn't sign flair players, I said McLeish and flair players just don't work.

Dugarry, Arteta, Zarate, Franck Sauzee.

I never said he doesn't sign flair players, I said McLeish and flair players just don't work.

I got Dugarry wrong!

But Zarate, Arteta and Sauzee did all work out. He even made McFadden look half decent.

Edit: just wanting to point out I also think he has done a poor job. But he has worked well with flair players' before. There is no reason why he deserves another season. I am just intrigued what he would do with his own team.

Bugger that approach, football should be entertaining, especially when we aren't going to be battling it out with the big boys any time soon.

we also need to establish an identity. having plenty of local lads playing good football sounds like a good one to me, not a workmanlike team of journeymen.

I get more enjoyment out of a 1-0 win from a 90th min goal than a 4-0 victory. As I say different people like different things.

Â