The, he's finally GONE! Tell us your thoughts Thread

Richard

Do you THINK McLeish will be gone by next season?  

370 members have voted

1. 1. Do you THINK McLeish will be gone by next season?

• Yes I think he will
    • No I think he will be here

What aspect of the way we play football - the quality or the mentality - has convinced anyone that he should be given a) money or B) another chance to get us relegated? What improvements have we made over a season of his leadership? Even under Houllier things were getting slightly better towards the end.

If MM is right, and tbh I wouldn't be surprised, then it's all the more reason to step up protests to make sure that Lerner knows exactly how we feel about this ferociously ugly cretin. He's destroying the club.

• Replies 17.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

As a half Dutchman who supports Villa, McLeish's claims that he sets out his teams to play in a Dutch style has always amused me. This is how I'd imagine McLeish managing the Netherlands...

mcleishholland.png

Sneijder has been dropped to the bench after showing to much creativity in the previous match but we'll just call it an injury.

That's brilliant! :lol:

I'm prepared to give him another chance next season with a clean slate providing he keeps us up and then performs a major overhaul of the squad.

We have players on big money who have not performed for several years now. I don't want another manager giving them a chance.

I think he'll have money to spend but this time we wont be pissing it away on big money contracts.

I'm sorry but I think giving him another season would be absolutely madness. We're going to be one of the favourites for relegation with him in charge.

One win in the last ten matches, only matched by the mighty Wolves. Fourteen draws, four more than anyone else in the league. Seven wins only this season from thirty two matches.

What more do McLeish and Grant have to do to qualify for a P45 and a nice severance package?

TBF my friend over the pond who is a Browns friend said from the day he walked into the club that we'd all come to distrust Lerner over his choice of managers/coaches

I've been told he did personally try very hard to get Moyes before either the GH or AM appointments but nevertheless, it was a bad mistake to appoint McLeish especially when he knew he was not going to be given funds to improve matters, simply because of the appointment turning the fans against the club.

As I've said before - We need a footballing brain at the club, not just businessmen - a Graham Taylor type who can advise on matters like the choice of manager etc, maybe an high profile, well respected ex player perhaps...someone who knows the history of the club and empathises with the fans' frustrations over many decades.

MM has told us all what we already suspected that he isn't going anywhere so we've all got little choice but to to see how McLeish does next season with fresh faces and having got rid of some of the overpaid senior players who MON left us with round our necks.

At least he's got the youngsters playing with a bit of passion the last couple of games, which was good to see, long may it continue.

My main gripe is our lack of ball retention when in possession of the ball, which goes back to MON days. To me this is a big reason why we sit back even when McLeish is going bonkers on the touch line telling them not to. They lack confidence with the ball at their feet..... And ever since MON went we've been gash at defending corners and set pieces.

Scott Parker IMHO would have been the idea CM to have signed last Summer but was not to be alas....

Never mind it's no good moaning and being negative - we're on more or less the same points this season as we were on last season when GH had his heart attack and Gary Mac managed to get some performances out of the squad in the last few games so we finished 9th.

Onwards and upwards we hope!

I'm prepared to give him another chance next season with a clean slate providing he keeps us up and then performs a major overhaul of the squad.

I wouldn't trust him with a 'Roof Slate' never mind a 'Clean Slate'.

Giving him another chance and another season is a bit like saying you've been poking yourself in the eye with a red hot poker all season and it really hurts but next season you're going to poke yourself in the eye with a red hot poker and hopefully it won't hurt.

Making the same mistakes over and over again will not end up in a different outcome!

What aspect of the way we play football - the quality or the mentality - has convinced anyone that he should be given a) money or B) another chance to get us relegated? What improvements have we made over a season of his leadership? Even under Houllier things were getting slightly better towards the end.

If MM is right, and tbh I wouldn't be surprised, then it's all the more reason to step up protests to make sure that Lerner knows exactly how we feel about this ferociously ugly cretin. He's destroying the club.

I'm just getting tired of repeating the same crap over and over again.. Sure I would love him to go, but all the protests in the World are not going to change Lerner's opinion. He's very clearly not bothered what any of us think he's made that very apparent.. I just can't be bothered. If he's here next season so be it, let's hope it's better than this one but our protests aren't going to change a thing.

step up protests to make sure that Lerner knows exactly how we feel about this ferociously ugly cretin.
That is an unacceptable item of totally unecessary personal abuse, which devalues any sensible point you may you may have - frankly I doubt whether you actually have one.

I challenge you to withdraw this offensive nonsense and make a reasoned and abuse-free case for whatever it is you are trying to argue.

I'm just getting tired of repeating the same crap over and over again.. Sure I would love him to go, but all the protests in the World are not going to change Lerner's opinion. He's very clearly not bothered what any of us think he's made that very apparent.. I just can't be bothered. If he's here next season so be it, let's hope it's better than this one but our protests aren't going to change a thing.

This for sure....

ALL that NOT supporting the club will do is knock the confidence of the youngsters we've got come through. It's no coincidence that yet again this afternoon they've won the Southern Reserves League Title for the fourth time in 5 years. And unlike some of the PL strong squads this was acheived mainly with academy players who'd come up through the ranks.

Edit Add: A particularly admirable achievment when you consider many of the first choice reserves are now playing for the first team.

It's one of the major plusses surely at this famous old club and fans need to be perhaps temper their hatred of McLeish with at least some respect for the backroom staff, who work very hard to grow from within and nurture some of PL's top young talent like Weimann, Clark, Herd, Bannan, Baker etc.

step up protests to make sure that Lerner knows exactly how we feel about this ferociously ugly cretin.
That is an unacceptable item of totally unecessary personal abuse, which devalues any sensible point you may you may have - frankly I doubt whether you actually have one.

I challenge you to withdraw this offensive nonsense and make a reasoned and abuse-free case for whatever it is you are trying to argue.

I think it's pretty clear what his point is: he's not happy with McLeish, just like the majority of Villa fans.

Just wondered why you decided to particularly pick up on this bit of abuse when there is basically something like this every page?

I think it's pretty clear what his point is: he's not happy with McLeish, just like the majority of Villa fans.

And its pretty clear as to why Lerner wouldnt even bother listening to us - if PatrickCousens' post is as intelligent as it gets - and lets face it - in the most part on here it is.

Even now I have made my decision on Mcliesh in that I definately don't want him here, I still see absolutely no reason to abuse the man.

:lol: I love the use of the adjectives.

And its pretty clear as to why Lerner wouldnt even bother listening to us - if PatrickCousens' post is as intelligent as it gets - and lets face it - in the most part on here it is.

Even now I have made my decision on Mcliesh in that I definately don't want him here, I still see absolutely no reason to abuse the man.

There are plenty of intelligent and well thought out posts on here against McLeish though, so no it isn't as intelligent as it gets.

Â