The, he's finally GONE! Tell us your thoughts Thread

Richard

Do you THINK McLeish will be gone by next season?  

370 members have voted

1. 1. Do you THINK McLeish will be gone by next season?

• Yes I think he will
    • No I think he will be here

Well thats me done with the villa for now, they truly have no idea and its obvious mcleish is here to stay.

As for the interview? Old boys club looking after one of their own. Kean, wenger, mancini, AVB, McCarthy have all had the screw turned by the media yet mcleish gets **** all.

Bollocks to it all, wake me up when mcleish or faulkner or lerner have pissed off, preferably all three.

• Replies 17.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

agree, how come nobody ever mentions the 7 defenders vs spurs?

i think (hope) if we play badly against liverpool, set ourselves up for a draw or even a low scoring defeat (again) after what wigan did there and how shit they have been lately, then another section of the media will turn on him

Let's be honest nobody was going to be satisfied with that interview unless he resigned live on air.

That would have been quality entertainment.

Let's be honest nobody was going to be satisfied with that interview unless he resigned live on air.

If that were to happen the world record would have been broken for the most champagne cork's popped simultaneously

I deludedly thought he may do a good job here when he came from Birmingham (sort out the defence etc..)

But I now think he is a cancer on the history of Aston Villa, and if he stays much longer, he will go down as being statiscally our worst manager ever.

To be fair the tame nature of the questions was to be expected, especially from Andy Gray who gives this impression of being a Villa fan but is anything but.

Mcleish had an easy ride but still made a mess of it though

That would have been quality entertainment.

Can you imagine the euphoria? It would be like the open top bus ride all over again!!!! :D

In hindsight, the protest before the hiring has been very counter-productive to the Villa fans' cause moving forward. From day one it gave the media the convenient and somewhat false justification that our only problem with McLeish, no matter what he has done or continues to do during his tenure, is the fact that he came from where he came from. After all, by the media's reasoning, that was 'our' problem from day one and nothing has changed. It's a convenient brush to tar us all with.

Remember that the media have also never really shared our grander image of our own club. We've long complained about the less than fair representation we get compared to the usual lot on TV - even going back to our league winning days. So if anything, this recent slump only puts us closer to where the media expect us to be. They're hardly going to emphasise a 'plight' when they don't see it as a plight so much as where they think we probably should be.

Consequently they will give McLeish an easy time of it and he won't get the pressure placed on him that he might otherwise get from questions and conferences with the various meeja peeps.

Lol! One of the, if not THE, most unpopular manager in our history thinks that it's only the minority that dislike him!

WRONG!

The majority think you're an inept word removed, so f*ck off you deluded t*sser!

This is why I believe we need a protest - to show McDeluded how most fans really feel.

It's not Mcleish that needs showing to be fair

If he goes without relegating us I will literally buy some champagne to toast it with. I hate champagne.

The joy would be amazing.

But then the fear of who Lerner would get in next would kick in

I have no faith in Lerner's appointment abilities but surely he couldn't mess it up as badly again. The timing is crucial. We could've had Hodgson who isn't great but is a big step up from McLeish.

Â